• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Info to install r motion suspension in 04 RX-1

RX-1 Apex

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
RX-1
I would like details to install r motion in 04 RX-1 121

I would like details to install r motion in 04 RX-1 121
Search apex rmotion under user name brandon doering he installed an rmotion 137 in an apex,which is the same tunnel& he seemed very pleased with the end results,always best if you have the donor sled to get true measurements but usually thats not an option, its been awhile since i read his posts but think he had measurements listed

Posted from @Brandon Doering thread in apex section to help keep the info together. NOTE he add 2.86" drivers, this would impact the mounting if you plan to keep 2.52" drivers.

"Alright all, I spent 2 full days installing a 137 skidoo Rmotion in a 07 Apex GT. After all said and done I am blown away at how it feels and performs. It hooks like a mother and feels like you’re riding on a cloud. Here is a rundown of all the research I did including measurements. I got my suspension from Mickeys in Midland Michigan out of a 2017 MXZX. I was able to take measurements from the donor sled and also backed those measurements up by talking with skidoo. I ordered Wahl 2.86 8 tooth antiratchet drivers since I was changing the track length and also a tunnel extension from Tracks USA. While I had it apart I went ahead and changed the bearings also. So before I dive into the project I also had Chris Schmidt from Schmidt Brothers Motorsports install his stage 2 clutch kit for this setup and holy sweet sunshine what a difference it was compared to the Ulmer setup I had in there.
So here we go, measurements from center of driveshaft back to first mounting hole is 8.25”.
Measurement from center of driveshaft back to second mounting hole is 36”. What I ended up doing is dividing the diameter of the apex driveshaft which is l 1/16” and subtracting that from the two measurements so I could measure from the front of the shaft back. I moved the front bracket forward but kept the same height as the drivers on skidoo and Yamaha are basically the same height. The rear I kept the same distance down as stock (Which is 5 1/4” from bottom of tunnel protectors) to keep the ride height the same. I had to make new rear brackets with a 1/8” offset on each because the Rmotion is 1/4” wider than the tunnel in the rear. The front is the same width as stock. I used 1/8” stainless steel for the new brackets. The blind rivets I used I got from McMaster-Caar and cost me about 25$ for 200 rivets compared to Yamahas 2$ a piece. I got a pneumatic rivet gun from harbor freight and it worked awesome. All said and done there is plenty of room between the drivers and the front rails no clearance issues at all. Taking it out for a ride put a smile on my face right away. It just floated but lifted the skis hard every time I hit the throttle. My cousin and uncle were shocked at how it responded and felt. Bumps weren’t even noticeable compared to that aweful mono that was in it. I’ll answer any questions anyone has."

Back