• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Injector dynamics ID 1050 installing Onto 2008 Apex

rat4020

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Polaris and Turboed Apex in a off road buggy
What modifications are needed to install these ID 1050 injectors on my Apex motor they gave me new clipsAnd pins any input would be appreciated

Install completed but it runs like #*$&@ wont idle. I have the PCV with auto tune and the pod screen . I tryied to remove fuel from the map with my laptop tried a new O2 sensor new plugs and nothing really makes a difference any body have a idea or am I missing something

How did the physical install go? Do you need those clips and pins? 9mm spacer on fuel rail?

How much fuel did you try to remove from your map? Injectors are complicated and usually involve scaling and the like from standalone EMS like my Motec. I’m not familiar with the PCV

The install was not that bad I used the plugs that came with the injectors and the spacers I turned out with my lathe and had to modify the air fuel bracket to get space between the air box and fuel rail because of the extra 9mm higher fuel rail . I need help with the PCV though I messed with the map as much as I could and nothing would change. I was hoping a member here with a PCV had also added bigger injectors could shed some light on my mess LOL

So you cut off the factory plugs and installed the ID specific ones? I don't think wire polarity is needed as its just a signal but have you be able to validate if they are opening and closing? I would use a freq test on my multimeter to see the oscillation and check all 4 to validate they are the same. There is a small chance you could have one stuck open.

So fancy with your lathe, I am just going to stack washers lol

So you cut off the factory plugs and installed the ID specific ones? I don't think wire polarity is needed as its just a signal but have you be able to validate if they are opening and closing? I would use a freq test on my multimeter to see the oscillation and check all 4 to validate they are the same. There is a small chance you could have one stuck open.

So fancy with your lathe, I am just going to stack washers lol
Yes thats what i did . I will check that out and let you know it ran so rich that that is a possibility

If that doesn't help, and not being familiar with the PCV are you running it in auto tune mode? If its seeing the rich condition from the wideband then it should be correcting for it. Do you have a good wideband sensor? Is there a spot to adjust for different sized injectors in the PCV? Just curious what options are available.

I tried on and off auto tune with no real diff , also tried 2 new O2 sensors and I am thinking other than removing fuel from the map with the lap top there is no spot to adjust for different injectors. I was hoping a member here was running a pcv with auto tune along with bigger injectors .

Those injectors may be too large for the PCV to compensate, especially during cold start fuel enrichment. I had 750's running ok once it was done with cold start enrichment but with 1050's you may need a standalone ecu to get it to run properly. A PCV can only adjust the fuel trim so much. I actually had to setup a switch and a variable resister to trick the ECU to think the coolant temp was above 80F anytime the coolant temp was under 60F otherwise it would not run well at all until the engine was warmed up. Once I had to go bigger than 750cc injectors I switched to a standalone ecu.

Those injectors may be too large for the PCV to compensate, especially during cold start fuel enrichment. I had 750's running ok once it was done with cold start enrichment but with 1050's you may need a standalone ecu to get it to run properly. A PCV can only adjust the fuel trim so much. I actually had to setup a switch and a variable resister to trick the ECU to think the coolant temp was above 80F anytime the coolant temp was under 60F otherwise it would not run well at all until the engine was warmed up. Once I had to go bigger than 750cc injectors I switched to a standalone ecu.
Thanx..That was in the back of my mind. What stand alone ecu do you run

Thanks @DC5 !! Good to hear from someone that tried!

@rat4020 If you want the best MOTEC!

This is a little bit into what it takes to install, I am still working on more vids:

That Motec looks great but something like 4g Im going to send Alan my PCV to check my mess I made of the map or maps LOL .He told me to turn my FPR down to lower 30lbs and dont use the 1 to 1 rising rate. Cool vid btw

That’s a good idea on lowering fuel pressure. However don’t you need more fuel? Basically your allowing the PCV to limit the use of the injectors right? It’s like it only allows up to a 750cc injector like DC5 said. Maybe that’s enough?

That’s a good idea on lowering fuel pressure. However don’t you need more fuel? Basically your allowing the PCV to limit the use of the injectors right? It’s like it only allows up to a 750cc injector like DC5 said. Maybe that’s enough?
I figure its worth a try I've got 6 months before the buggy is needed since I'm not doing a Glamis trip this winter

Back