• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Inline trailer height

thetruck454

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
I'm looking at getting a Proline IS716 hybrid inline to tow my two Nytros. They are now living in a 4 place inline with my fathers and brothers Apex and vector. We are getting rid of the 4 place for two 2 place trailers as we usually just haul the trailer and leave it up for the winter, but we might be more mobile now and that 4 place limits our tow vehicle selection.

Since I'll be towing this a lot more (600miles each weekend) I was thinking of getting the 5'6" interior height to tuck better behind my Durango. Anyone have a trailer height that low and regret it?

btt for you as my inline enclosed was 6' inside height but pulled way easyer than my current 4 place enclosed.

I feel a lower trailer would pull a lot easier myself. I think you can get them but most times you need to custom order. Not sure why they seem to make a lot of 7 foot high trailers. Seems like the lower ones would be a lot better for aerodynamics.

I feel a lower trailer would pull a lot easier myself. I think you can get them but most times you need to custom order. Not sure why they seem to make a lot of 7 foot high trailers. Seems like the lower ones would be a lot better for aerodynamics.
Depends on ones needs.
I plan on buying a side by side once I retire so I need the higher interior . Plus I haul sport bikes to the track.

This will be purely a snowmobile trailer. I already have a 7x16+v nose with a 7' high interior that I use for ATV's and it will fit a SxS if we go that route. I like to keep open space in my garage for work projects so the trailers also function as storage in the off season.

other than when i am moving some one, my sled trailer is for storage as well as hauilng my sleds.

lol i usually only drop the trailer and move it to their new place. this last one was for my gf so i was drafted no matter what for the moving.

The minimum I would go is 2 inches taller than the owner. Why would you want to bend your neck or chance smacking your melon every time you enter this thing. A V-nose and tandem axle pull so nicely anyway, I got to believe the savings are minimal. If you are having it built, you should be able to request whatever height you want. Mine is 6 foot 1 inch and pulls like a dream.

You have to remember that what ever you have for inside height the ramp doors could be almost 6 inches lower.
How many times do you want to bang your head.

The problem I was finding was all the sales were on the "in stock" trailers which were all around 6' inside. which is prime head hitting height. When custom ordering one not only did I pay more for the options, but I tended to lose the sale price. Over the weekend an "in stock" on sale aluminum trailer became available with a 6'10" height so I snagged it. The only downfall is it has non galvanized leaf spring axles vice galvanized torsion I wanted. I'm going to drive it up on blocks and fluid film the leafs and spray Rustoleum or POR-15 on all the steel bits of the axle. That should limit my issues with rust.

So I ended up finding a new Stealth 7x18 with a 6'9" interior for a good deal So I snagged it. One thing odd I noticed was the aluminum skin isn't bonded to the roof frame. You can lift it up and when you close the walkthrough door quick you can see it lift up which strikes me as odd. It's bonded to all the wall uprights though.

Back