• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Inner Front Idler Wheel Change - 2010 Vector LTX

BryKlu

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2010 Vector LTX GT
Hello everyone!

My front inner idler wheels are torn up along with the top slides (have no idea of the name other than the Yamaha name is "Slider 1"). I am thinking it may be caused by a stud backing. I will replace these wheels and monitor their condition. Maybe some studs need to be tightened. This sled does have the Pioneer wheel re-positioning kit they use to make. This may be a good reason to get a 1.6" pre-studded track next year :) I got the slides replaced successfully but I'm not quite sure of the procedure for the wheels. I bought new Yamaha ones with replaceable bearings. It looks like I would just need to remove the inside bolt holding it on but it is very tight and there is little room to work. I think I may be able to get more leverage if I remove the rear transfer rod bolt and push the rod towards the ground. My propane torch doesn't want to work at such an angle and an impact wrench won't fit in there. I want to make sure I have the procedure correct before I go busting nuts loose with a breaker bar. The factory service manual didn't have any procedure. Any tips? These wheels are vibrating my entire chassis and causing a howling. Starting to drive me and my ears nuts. Trying not to take of the skid at this point in the season unless it truly is the easiest way. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

usually for rear uppers it is easyer for me to pull the skid to do the.

i usually just pull the shaft to do the lower wheels.

so it is more like a venture then . on my brothers is just pull the bolt and smack it with my hand or hammer till it moves off the mount.

Yea I looked at the diagram in the service manual. I should be able to remove the outside nut and pull the bolt but the transfer rod may be in the way still which is easy to unbolt and move. Thanks. I just didn't want to waste time or cause any unnecessary issues.

And the nuts are stripped from the previous owner. Excellent. Anyone know what size so I can get them at the hardware store and not have to buy and wait for Yamaha parts? :(

i think they are m10 bolts but i do not remeber the thread pitch. sry.

Back