• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Installed EFI on my Rx-1 for under $700

Kachess

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Finally getting my EFI RXPro (My old trusty RX-1 motor with 13k miles in a 2016 Polaris Pro 155 chassis) dialed in. I use the stock ignition so I was able to get a tach trigger for the controller for "fuel only" from a coil signal. Parts list includes Apex throttle body, Microsquirt controller, two MAP sensors and a air temp sensor off Amazon. I bought an Apex wire harness for the throttle body connector, a couple relays, and fuse block. I spent $660. I installed an A/F gage while I get it mapped. It rips!

Attachments

• Resized_2019-01-11_09.39.22_(1).jpeg
    Resized_2019-01-11_09.39.22_(1).jpeg
    141.1 KB · Views: 248

Just curious but where did you dump the exhaust? I bet it rips. ;)!

They run great. We dump it under the tunnel just ahead of the polaris tank. Just like the one ton. We use the polaris fuel pump for EFI, but use the apex regulator.

Attachments

• Resized_2017-12-11_17.56.12.jpeg
    Resized_2017-12-11_17.56.12.jpeg
    69.4 KB · Views: 226
  • Resized_2017-12-14_14.41.52.jpeg
    Resized_2017-12-14_14.41.52.jpeg
    121.8 KB · Views: 225
  • Resized_20200228_171413.jpeg
    Resized_20200228_171413.jpeg
    117.5 KB · Views: 224
Nice job of fabrication and figuring it all out. This site sure has some smart guys on it. Reminds me that I need to get out in the garage more.

I just had a thought that this might be what lies in the future for us die hard Yamaha guys, we will have to put our favorite Yamaha engine in the chassis of our choice. Maybe one of the guys will start a custom factory like Shelby did shoehorning Yamaha engines into lightweight chassis. :)

Last edited:
Nice job of fabrication and figuring it all out. This site sure has some smart guys on it. Reminds me that I need to get out in the garage more.

I just had a thought that this might be what lies in the future for us die hard Yamaha guys, we will have to put our favorite Yamaha engine in the chassis of our choice. Maybe one of the guys will start a custom factory like Shelby did shoehorning Yamaha engines into lightweight chassis. :)

Your stealing Arctic cats business plan.

Pretty cool unit! Any idea what it weighs?

Finally getting my EFI RXPro (My old trusty RX-1 motor with 13k miles in a 2016 Polaris Pro 155 chassis) dialed in. I use the stock ignition so I was able to get a tach trigger for the controller for "fuel only" from a coil signal. Parts list includes Apex throttle body, Microsquirt controller, two MAP sensors and a air temp sensor off Amazon. I bought an Apex wire harness for the throttle body connector, a couple relays, and fuse block. I spent $660. I installed an A/F gage while I get it mapped. It rips!

That being said I should be able to convert my 05 Rx to fuel injection . WOW I would love to do that.
Nice job on the build...

Now lets see someone creative put the Apex motor into the SR Viper chassis.

They run great. We dump it under the tunnel just ahead of the polaris tank. Just like the one ton. We use the polaris fuel pump for EFI, but use the apex regulator.

Nice work! What’s your time estimate until the turbo get fitted up?
:drink:
Lol

Back