• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Installed the BOP Snow free intercooler guard.

silverram323

Expert
Website
beyondsynthetics.net
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder XT-X 141
I bought Travis guard, its a very well built unit, and it fits perfectly.

I added my own twist, I didn't like the naked look without the shroud so i hacked up the factory one to allow travis great creation to complement the stock setup.

Let me know what ya think!!

IMG_1560.JPG
IMG_1561.JPG
IMG_1562.JPG
IMG_1563.JPG
IMG_1564.JPG
IMG_1565.JPG
IMG_1567.JPG
IMG_1568.JPG
IMG_1569.JPG
IMG_1570.JPG
IMG_1571.JPG
IMG_1572.JPG
IMG_1573.JPG

I like the look much better, however there is the "shelf" in front that could accumulate snow like before. Is there anyway to remove some of that lower lip to eliminate this potential issue?

I like it, but i'm trying to find a pic to compare it to without your mod. Is the intercooler moved forward?

I like the look much better, however there is the "shelf" in front that could accumulate snow like before. Is there anyway to remove some of that lower lip to eliminate this potential issue?

I know, that darn shelf. There really isn't anything for snow to hold on to anymore vs the stock cover.

Im going to try it, if it still don't work, ill mod it some more.

I wonder how much airflow you will get through that screen? The mesh is really fine. I can see how it will keep snow off but it would be nice to see temperature drop across the inter-cooler with and without that screen.

Looks good man!

Mine should be at my place today, probably work on it tomorrow.

As far as the "shelf", I will be coating my plastic with tire shine to make it slippery. I believe there will be very little sitting on the "shelf". I presume most of the area will be wide open. Use tire shine in my tunnel and on suspension parts.....keeps from snow building.

Looks good man!

Mine should be at my place today, probably work on it tomorrow.

As far as the "shelf", I will be coating my plastic with tire shine to make it slippery. I believe there will be very little sitting on the "shelf". I presume most of the area will be wide open. Use tire shine in my tunnel and on suspension parts.....keeps from snow building.
Fluid film works best

We need to start a post on "how can I spend more money on my SW" Man I need to stop visiting this site!:rofl:

Best part of spending money on it is that it will be the way you want it and it will work and perform better ;)!

IMG_1577.JPG
I wonder how much airflow you will get through that screen? The mesh is really fine. I can see how it will keep snow off but it would be nice to see temperature drop across the inter-cooler with and without that screen.
It has to be better than being completely covered with snow.

The shelf is only about 1 inch deep and I have a hard time believing it's going to hold that much snow. The shelf is only about 1 inch deep and I have a hard time believing it's going to hold that much snow. ❄️ ❄️ ❄️

My problem with these frogskin type screens is they do NOT flow very well.

So I just grabbed a cat nose vent for certain days if/when snow is really deep and wet and piles up alot on stocker. Switch over quite fast and completely reversible back to stocker.

Nice work on this Silveram...Looks much better with that mod.

Back