• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Installing “Super Q” (NOT ULTRA Q) Exhaust on 2012 Yamaha Nytro

Matthew457

Expert
Country
Other
Snowmobile
Yamaha Nytro xtx
Who has put this same can on their nytro? It’s smaller profile than the ultra q so I’m just wondering if someone has put this exact can on the nytro and how to do so. Just how the super q attaches to the sled, cause this can is a different shape than stock so just wanna know if it slides right into place and that’s it or if there is more to it. Thanks! Picture included so let me know if you got the exact one!

Attachments

• DE337DBE-8CE2-4D8E-818F-8EE57C11808D.png
    DE337DBE-8CE2-4D8E-818F-8EE57C11808D.png
    191.6 KB · Views: 100

Because it's a slip-on, it'll be a straightforward install and pretty much identical to any other slip-on install. Here's a video of an equivalent install...

Because it's a slip-on, it'll be a straightforward install and pretty much identical to any other slip-on install. Here's a video of an equivalent install...
Ah okay, comes with a bracket to fasten it? That’s about it?

You may want to replace the donuts with copper since you will have the seat off and exhaust plate. Ulmer sells them, OFT, and others. Many forums on this, mine were simple to change others not so much. But it's a necessity. Also your stressing; everything is plug and play and will fit with oem. Also, no slip on will give you 15hp. Maybe 2 to3 hp that you will never notice. Cans are for sound change only.

12 horse? Is that everything else stock?
Not sure, I’m getting the super q, not the barker.
You may want to replace the donuts with copper since you will have the seat off and exhaust plate. Ulmer sells them, OFT, and others. Many forums on this, mine were simple to change others not so much. But it's a necessity. Also your stressing; everything is plug and play and will fit with oem. Also, no slip on will give you 15hp. Maybe 2 to3 hp that you will never notice. Cans are for sound change only.
thanks man, prolly just gonna throw the can on, gotta take off the gas tank to get the exhaust donuts changed so I’m just gonna leave it, other Yamaha I owned had 16 thousand km on it with out changing donuts ever, just gonna leave it

Back