• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

internal/external drivers? on a apex attak

DANX123

Expert
working away in the summer. doing some changes.
replacing my ripsaw 1.25 from my attack and installing a 1 .25 camoplast 6 pitch all widows open track. everyone seems to feel the skidoo
drivers are the best. what is the part no? does any one know> are they a 9 tooh or 10 tooth? as mentioned its for an attak.
also have purchased a set of trik skis? any feedback?
i got a great deal on fox floats at port yamaha. $550 a set with pump.

any info or insight on the drivers will be appreciated.

working away in the summer. doing some changes.
replacing my ripsaw 1.25 from my attack and installing a 1 .25 camoplast 6 pitch all widows open track. everyone seems to feel the skidoo
drivers are the best. what is the part no? does any one know> are they a 9 tooh or 10 tooth? as mentioned its for an attak.
also have purchased a set of trik skis? any feedback?
i got a great deal on fox floats at port yamaha. $550 a set with pump.

any info or insight on the drivers will be appreciated.
02-579…..No Slip 2.52” Pitch Drive Sprocket, 9T, 1 1/16”-1 1/8” Hex
$94.95 Looks to me like a 2006 has a 30 mm hex shaft which is closer to 1 1/16" the Newer models use 1 1/8"

02-574......No Slip 2.52” Pitch Drive Sprocket, 9T, 1 1/8”-30mm Hex (2009 Yamaha Apex, Vecture, Venture 121" & 136") $94.95

The reason I posted two part #'s is because the 2006 Attack has a smaller diameter hex shaft than newer ones do

http://www.wahlracing.com/2.52-No-Slip-Drive-Sprockets.html

I plan to go to fully Clipped does anyone know what is the best tool to cut the windows out of the track ?

Last edited:
I would cut them with a credit card, by buying a new track and selling the old. on the other hand, I lost interest in extroverts after one spun on my nytro and blew the backcountry out behind me on the lake. now I run a tight track with no issues

I would cut them with a credit card, by buying a new track and selling the old. on the other hand, I lost interest in extroverts after one spun on my nytro and blew the backcountry out behind me on the lake. now I run a tight track with no issues
The Attack has a lot more Horsepower and have to run the Track way too tight and it still ratchets .. Keeps pushing the Hyfax out the back tears the slide rail nylon caps off.. Keep losing track clips . Just made me wonder if I have a bad bearing..
My 2014 Skidoo 800 137" Track runs a fully clipped track with external drivers only .. and I have no issues with that and can run the track at a tension that does not put it all in a bind..

Back