• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Is a vector right for me ?

The 16 xtx vector with the 1 3/4 lug track is a great crossover sled, good on the trails and good in the off trail, you can add some scratchers up front to help with the slower riding to keep things cool also the vector comes with the tuner ski, stock ones are 135mm but they also offer 150mm tuners which are a little over 6" wide for more floatation or you can move to the Yamaha mountain ski or VK Pro ski which I run that are over 7" wide, I prefer the VK Pro because the rear of the ski is higher and better for backing up also single keel which I have snowtrackers bolted to for zero darting and runs straight as a arrow on the trails once dialed in, if you found a 16 xtx Vector at a great deal buy it!! before there all gone. ;)!

Thanks guys . I am sure the vector is a great sled my only real concern was it overheating because of the slow riding we will be doing . My wife will be driving the vector I’ll be on my vk540 . The transporter looks nice but it’s almost $3000 more than what I can get the new vector for and I think it too is liquid cooled . It’s either the vector or a fan cooled 2 stroke . Thanks

My wife owned a 2010 RS Vector LTX for 10000 miles and never overheated in any conditions. Traded in for a 2013 Vector LTX with 890 miles. Now has 4,000 miles trouble free. Perfect machine for the wife or you. My wife drives slow as well. Your lucky to have found it period. Worse case a couple of cable Ice scratchers will cure any overheating on glare ice or hard hard packed trails. I'd over heat often over the years with my Apex's were she wouldn't with the vector. I know own a vector too I was so impressed.

I don't know how the longer track and lugs will affect cooling on the XTX Vector, but I ran an LTX for 5 years through all conditions and never had it overheat. I moved on to a Viper, and I have noticed that it is more of an issue with the Viper. My friend's Viper LTX was constantly overheating in low snow conditions, and I added scratchers to my XTX to keep it cool. My wife kept her 2013 Vector LTX with power steering, and she will never give it up, at least not until Yamaha makes a power steering sled with a rider forward position. Our Vectors are all "pre" Tuner Ski, so I can't vouch for how it will handle with Tuners. Supposedly the Tuner was developed for that sled chassis. If you have any issue with handling, get some Snow Trackers. Vectors with Snow Trackers handle like sports cars.

Had a 2010 vector and will say all the systems on that sled are very robust. You shouldn’t have an issue with cooling unless you are on a hard icy surface are lake. A set of scratchers will solve that. Frankly I wish some of the newer sleds had the surface area the delta box sleds had in exchangers. I have a sw now and miss the rad.
Enjoy
Ms

Back