• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Is is possible to get a cold weather kit still? I finally hit temps that were too much...

If anyone runs across that list let me know. I never saw it. Will put in faq also. Thanks!
Should be in the service manuals....?
I've actually done the fuel injection test on fuel injected models while troubleshooting, but never clued in to use it for assisting in cold start. It's a neat trick for sure.
Also very cool doing the spark test without having the machine running or cranking over.

Revive an old question. Does the 09-10 ecu work on the 07? I found a 8GC-8591A-20-00U for a more reasonable price. Thanks,

My son put an '07 ECU into his '09 so the other way should also work.

Looking for 1 or 2 of the updated ecu's 8GC-8591A-10-00 if anyone comes across them at a reasonable price new/used, not 1/4 or more the cost of the sled price. I have two 2007's that could use less cranking for sure, let me know please.

Looking for 1 or 2 of the updated ecu's 8GC-8591A-10-00 if anyone comes across them at a reasonable price new/used, not 1/4 or more the cost of the sled price. I have two 2007's that could use less cranking for sure, let me know please.
I take it the technique in post 8 wasn't enough.

Takes some time to do when outside to start 2 sleds in the cold to ride for 20 minutes around the house, quite a pia imo not sure if you have tried that method but would be easier to plug in two updated ecu's for say 250 a piece. Even with the sleds in the garage which is around 50 they still crank and crank to start. When time allows will call some salvage yards see if any available. cheapest i have seen with quick search on ebay is 500 for one.

Try shorting or unplugging the oil pressure sensor (can't remember if it's a normally open or closed switch). The ECU is looking for oil pressure before firing the injectors, which was corrected in the updated ECU.

If that works, you could come up with a relay system that will mimic the oil pressure and when the starter is let go will reconnect to the sensor.

Try shorting or unplugging the oil pressure sensor (can't remember if it's a normally open or closed switch). The ECU is looking for oil pressure before firing the injectors, which was corrected in the updated ECU.

If that works, you could come up with a relay system that will mimic the oil pressure and when the starter is let go will reconnect to the sensor.
Yup, or a diode.

Interesting thought, i did print out the service manual last year when i had 3 of these i was tinkering with.

Looked at the schematic, seems to be a normally open switch to ground.

Yup, or a diode.
I can't see how a diode would work. You need something to temporarily connect ground to that wire while cranking only.

Back