• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Is it just me or??

Heritage said:
Guys I tend bar on the weekends.....I have never heard this:
"Yeah...yours is faster and rides better...but mine has better fit and finish".....if some moron ever said that...first I'd laugh...then I'd have to slap him...lol

Love this! Boy that fit and finish sure got me through that twisty section fast!!! LOL :tg:

Cory S said:
Arctic cat chassis have always used cheap plastics, alignment, and overall poor quality materials.

If you compare the Pro cross chassis next to a Ski-doo REV XP chassis. The difference is night and day.

The Cat plastics aren't trimmed very nicely, the handlbar switches and gauge clusters look like they came off a 7 year olds kid toy.

The Ski-doo has much better plastics, seat covering, the gauge cluster is beautiful fitted into the bezel, etc.

Funny I never thought tthat the Cats I owned had cheap plastics alignment or poor quality materials!

bull said:
By the way as I try to justify myself they are testing a triple 1300 CC :4STroke: :rules

I hope not my insurance company wont insure a 1,000 or larger sled. The 998 is perfect. Anything more will cost me a huge increase in insurance overall from a different company!

Looking like more and more of a good thing I bought a Apex XTX!

Heritage said:
"Yeah...yours is faster and rides better...but mine has better fit and finish".....if some moron ever said that...first I'd laugh...then I'd have to slap him...lol
That is funny!

Sasquatch said:
Cory S said:
Arctic cat chassis have always used cheap plastics, alignment, and overall poor quality materials.

If you compare the Pro cross chassis next to a Ski-doo REV XP chassis. The difference is night and day.

The Cat plastics aren't trimmed very nicely, the handlbar switches and gauge clusters look like they came off a 7 year olds kid toy.

The Ski-doo has much better plastics, seat covering, the gauge cluster is beautiful fitted into the bezel, etc.

Funny I never thought tthat the Cats I owned had cheap plastics alignment or poor quality materials!

X2

Sasquatch said:
bull said:
By the way as I try to justify myself they are testing a triple 1300 CC :4STroke: :rules

I hope not my insurance company wont insure a 1,000 or larger sled. The 998 is perfect. Anything more will cost me a huge increase in insurance overall from a different company!

My insurance for Viper full coverage is $140. My Phazer for same coverage is $110. Both yearly.

DeerHuntr said:
Heritage said:

Love this! Boy that fit and finish sure got me through that twisty section fast!!! LOL :tg:

Agreed!^ :sled1:

cannondale27 said:
Sasquatch said:
bull said:

My insurance for Viper full coverage is $140. My Phazer for same coverage is $110. Both yearly.

Those are some great prices...who do you have your insurance through? I'm paying $215/yr for a 2011 fx Nytro.

Liberty Mutual. They came to one of our Snowmobile Club meetings and did a fine job of recruiting me last year! Agent was very impressive with the quotes and timeliness. They have supported the Clubs for years locally. Switched everything including Toys,house,cars and Umbrella from American Family couldnt afford not to. Rates have not gone up but I have not ever submitted a claim to them.So take it at that.

Heritage said:

;)! This a classic!

Just wanted to make clear that I'm not riping Yamaha for their fit and finish....I look at things differently .....I feel that most snowmobilers look at these things first when purchasing a snowmobile (in no particular order)
Performance, handling and ride. Reliability is also important to many of us (thats why we buy yamahas)
But fit and finish, hand warmers, fuel economy..low maintenance, high resale...are just icing on the cake...not main talking points when it comes to sleds.....I think its sad that many of us have used those very talking points in justifying a Yamaha purchase.
I want ride, handling, performance and reliability.
IMO...this joint venture with cat....even if its a temporary thing...is a good move...and its my hope that both companies learn something from this...for Yamaha learn ride, and suspension calibration...and for cat...learn reliability, and quality control...we as consumers can only come out ahead with this arrangement ...this is a good thing people...lets see where it goes....ski doo, and Polaris should worry...these are two focused companies combining their best assets.

X2 Heritage, but I can see how the guys that bleed blue still don't like this deal. Just hope they can see through the disappointment and find this to be a win win.

Yamacat21 said:
X2 Heritage, but I can see how the guys that bleed blue still don't like this deal. Just hope they can see through the disappointment and find this to be a win win.

I agree...and I am a true yamaha fan (My dad bought our first yami in 1972, an sw 433)...but not blind..I rode the new cats...they ride very good and handle good too....it's no comparison vs my attack. Even if this joint agreement didn't happen...I was looking at the cats...because I wanted something different....and I have to say I am very impressed with their 800...excellent performance...might be the most reliable 800 on the market over the past 5 years.

I love my attack...but it's sooooo friggen heavy in certain situations (deeper snow, and tight wooded trails)....I want something lighter....the new viper is getting closer to what I want....but...I will never buy a first year model...from anybody.

Back