• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Is it the end of EPS?

super_rash

Expert
Country
Canada
I'm just wondering, all new sleds from Yamaha are dropping the powersteering...in a way, it means there sleds are better balanced and don't need it as much, but on the other side, i tried the ZR9000 and a turbo 1200 and wished they too had EPS...

I'm concerned in a year or two the Apex and Vector will dissapear as the EPS that made them so easy to ride...grrrrr

if you want it, say it, because, Yamaha must know it if you want EPS, i know in the Arctic cat Chassis, there is not room for the EPS so unless Yam gets a new chassis out, it probably is the end of EPS

There will be some amazing products for 2018 and their 50th. I'm sure it will be incorporated

I find it very hard to give up my powerstering! At the end of a long day it is nice!! And I have ridden plenty other sleds to compare to.
If it was offered as an option I would be willing to pay for it!

Well, lets hope Yamaha hears us, i would have hoped for a sidewinder with EPS but there is none, ...in a few years, used sleds with EPS might be less easy to find...

Well, lets hope Yamaha hears us, i would have hoped for a sidewinder with EPS but there is none, ...in a few years, used sleds with EPS might be less easy to find...
I would not depend on Yamaha engineers or product managers to read 1 word of postings on TY just does not work that way. Yamaha Corp could care less what is posted here for new product developement...... I'm not sure where you got the impression Yamaha reads any of the postings or cares? TY is a group of members that share knowledge & are very helpful with Yamaha products but not a Yamaha marketing or research source. All this is good fun for posters so enjoy yourself.

well, i know for a fact that the BRP reps read the Dootalk forum, so i just imagined that some read here also ... and if i was a Yamaha Rep, i would come here and read the comments... just an example, last year the reactions on Dootalk where really bad about the MCDO colors on the 2016 lineup, so much so , BRP came out after about 10 days with an all black model because of this.. so the forum actually changed the color options of a new model...imagine that.. don't underestimate the power of a group of Yamaha enthousiasts...it is just intelligent market analysis from a point of view of a company..they do so much marketing analysis here, it costs nothing..

If Yamaha didn't read the comments on here then why did they ask TY to pull the leaked info on the sidewinder before the March 1 intro? Don't kid yourself they are on here reading, just ask the moderators of the forums.

well, i know for a fact that the BRP reps read the Dootalk forum, so i just imagined that some read here also ... and if i was a Yamaha Rep, i would come here and read the comments... just an example, last year the reactions on Dootalk where really bad about the MCDO colors on the 2016 lineup, so much so , BRP came out after about 10 days with an all black model because of this.. so the forum actually changed the color options of a new model...imagine that.. don't underestimate the power of a group of Yamaha enthousiasts...it is just intelligent market analysis from a point of view of a company..they do so much marketing analysis here, it costs nothing..

I guess you never read TY home page:
This site is not an official site of Yamaha Motor Corp, USA or any other Yamaha entity.
Opinions/comments expressed on this site are not that of Yamaha or any other Yamaha subsidiary or affiliated company.

Color dyes to plastic are no big deal & they always have a basic black option that can cross lines just like Apex & Vector. MCDO colors were super easy to adjust & doo prolly knew that going in with clown colors. Customers don't like them then we do this go with black option.

I can see you have no experience in marketing or new product developement. Do you think Yamaha reads TY then plans new products?
I don't want to burst your bubble think whatever you want but Yamaha product planning is not done here today on our postings just does not work that way.

your entitled to your opinion boy...but don't worry about my experience in marketing or product developpement...

I love EPS, when it works. I'm on my third power steering motor on my Apex though because it was quitting on me. In all fairness, both replacements were used units as I didn't want to pay $1500 for a new one from Yamaha.

I'm all for phasing out EPS if the sled can get by without it. My Apex needed it because it requires great effort, especially when I installed aggressive skis (maybe that's why my EPS failed).

my god, you where unlucky cause only a few years had problems and that was temporary but my EPS with super agressive skis didn't bust...

I'm just wondering, all new sleds from Yamaha are dropping the powersteering...in a way, it means there sleds are better balanced and don't need it as much, but on the other side, i tried the ZR9000 and a turbo 1200 and wished they too had EPS...

I'm concerned in a year or two the Apex and Vector will dissapear as the EPS that made them so easy to ride...grrrrr

if you want it, say it, because, Yamaha must know it if you want EPS, i know in the Arctic cat Chassis, there is not room for the EPS so unless Yam gets a new chassis out, it probably is the end of EPS
As the new Yamaha sleds are cats and cats dont come with eps you realize no cat will come with eps, right! Eps should come on all sleds it amkes steering buttery soft.

As the new Yamaha sleds are cats and cats dont come with eps you realize no cat will come with eps, right! Eps should come on all sleds it amkes steering buttery soft.
My view is any current 4s sled regardless of OEM should have eps but as you said cats not engineered for it neither are doos....poo not playing with 4s. Yamaha set the gold standard in 4s steering but it might go away with composite chassis only the R &D engineers know if eps has a future in new products. As long as Vector & Apex are in D2 you can bet eps will live on. The real question is who wants to continue on with D2 as is? ....not me time for something new. Maybe an option with Yamaha sleds let it phase itself out via the consumer.

Back