• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Is the ECP kit hard to tune and make work on an 05 RX?

MS-310

Veteran
Website
www.grantswoodshop.com
I been really thinking of putting an ECP kit on and I was talking to a dealer repair man and he said dont ever take the carbs apart and try to rejet them.....you'll never get it back running right.

The seld will be just a trail seld...Do I need to resync the carbs or how hard is it? I want it to be a very relible trail sled.

Thanks alot

Jack

You will need to get the carbs synced.

Ive had the ECP kit on mine for so long,I got the chance the other day to swap sleds with a guy who is riding a bone stock 04 warrior.My engine is bone stock as well with the ECP kit and clutching.They didnt even feel like the same sled,as soon as he stepped off my sled he wanted to know what all i had done to my engine.Its a noticable improvement.

removing and changing jets is easy. if your dealer repair guy thinks its hard then he should find another line of work (fries with that?). syncing the carbs is also easy but requires the proper tools.

I agree with the guys saying it's easy. The dealer mech must be a lazy guy or he have not been into the carbs at all.

Well it's only work, nothing difficult at all.
You have to:
- Remove stock air filter
- Install a filter on the crank case vent hose
- Change main jets
- Adjust all pilot screws to 2 turns out
- Change carb springs
- Syncronize the carbs when the kit is installed

I have the Morgan CarbTune Pro sync tool, works very well and easy to use.

MS-310 said:
I been really thinking of putting an ECP kit on and I was talking to a dealer repair man and he said dont ever take the carbs apart and try to rejet them.....you'll never get it back running right.

The seld will be just a trail seld...Do I need to resync the carbs or how hard is it? I want it to be a very relible trail sled.

Thanks alot

Jack

No offense Jack, but your dealer is fool!

MS-310 said:

Thanks alot

Jack
dont waste your time with the ecp kit...........absolutyely no per4formance increase with this kit.....my sled never ran right.......had jannetty racing remove it and junk it..........they gutted air box and i did thier clutch kit and it now hauls #*$&@

goldbergrx1 said:
MS-310 said:

Thanks alot

Jack
dont waste your time with the ecp kit...........absolutyely no per4formance increase with this kit.....my sled never ran right.......had jannetty racing remove it and junk it..........they gutted air box and i did thier clutch kit and it now hauls #*$&@

Someone did not know how to install that kit then because everyone I know including myself that has one knows how much it wakes this sled up!!!

Jack[/quote]dont waste your time with the ecp kit...........absolutyely no per4formance increase with this kit.....my sled never ran right.......had jannetty racing remove it and junk it..........they gutted air box and i did thier clutch kit and it now hauls #*$&@[/quote]

I can see why your ecp kit wasnt working right.You cant even spell let alone read directions to install it correctly!!!!!

Yeah I rode a stocker and I was amazed at the difference. Only thing I could do with out is the sound, it can sometimes be a bit much when your crusing at one RPM for extended periods of time but that only happens on nice trails, when your off and on the throttle I love the sound!

Back