• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

is there any 151 track that will fit with only cutting

John Bjorklof

Country
Other
Snowmobile
Phazer 07
hey i'm planning to extend my phazer with moving the skid backwards to get a better attack angle aswell, so are there any tracks that will work without any other modifications to the sled or to the track than only narrowing it down to 14"
and to what sled would have that track as original?

If you want to go with a 151, you should be able to find tracks with the same 2.52 pitch that the Phazer came with so you can use the existing drivers. It seems like I haven't seen many (any?) newer sleds that came with a 151 track, but there could be. Most of the 151's I've seen were early to mid-2000 era. Here's a handy Snowmobile Track Fitment Guide (from www.tracksusa.com) that should help you find sleds that originally came with the track you'd like to use.

If you want to help out the approach angle even more, you should be able to use larger 2.52 pitch drivers from a short track Phazer, and switch to a larger bottom gear to make up for the larger driver. Since all of those parts have to be removed to swap the track anyway, the only extra effort required would be in finding the parts!

Attachments

• Snowmobile Track Fitment Guide.pdf
    648.4 KB · Views: 751
Last edited:
While looking for used 151" tracks I've noticed that 153" usually are cheaper and the cost saving will buy a set of 7 tooth 3" drivers! Polaris was the last hold out on 2.52" drive mountain tracks and I've seen quite a few Polaris Series IV 151" tracks on the used market cheap but not many people seem to like those.

The skid in the phazer won't need to be widened at all to accommodate the track? Just need to cut the track to width?

Like a night and day difference? My problem is that the ole gal doesn't like to be pointed up hill lol
17352142_1232798776834075_544321666813212222_n.jpg

Yeah pretty much night and day. I can do stuff now that I would have been very stuck with the stock setup.
I moved my skid back and up at the rear into the original metal.

While looking for used 151" tracks I've noticed that 153" usually are cheaper and the cost saving will buy a set of 7 tooth 3" drivers! Polaris was the last hold out on 2.52" drive mountain tracks and I've seen quite a few Polaris Series IV 151" tracks on the used market cheap but not many people seem to like those.

I'm on the fence about this exact thing.

Back