• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Is there green loctite used on the jackshaft bearings?

Firecatdude

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 ZR 9000 LTD
Does anyone know if green loctite was/is used when they install either jackshaft bearing at the factory? Chaincase or bracket side or both?

No
Just stick the jackshaft with the bearing mounted on it in your freezer for a few hrs.
when froze heat bearing housing with heat gun or torch and grap jackshaft and slide er in and make sure bearing bottoms out in housing.

No
Just stick the jackshaft with the bearing mounted on it in your freezer for a few hrs.
when froze heat bearing housing with heat gun or torch and grap jackshaft and slide er in and make sure bearing bottoms out in housing.

Ok. Thanks. Just checking. Thanks for the tip. I was planning on trying it. Did that trick work for gettting the bearing mounted on the shaft as well. My shaft is in the freezer and I was going to use a hair dryer on the sealed bearing as to not damage the seals or grease.

I put the shaft in the freezer over night and pressed the bearing on. Worked well.

The jack shaft housings, seem to respond to heat quite well. Get them good and hot and the bearings should drive in relatively easy.
MS

Ok. Thanks. Just checking. Thanks for the tip. I was planning on trying it. Did that trick work for gettting the bearing mounted on the shaft as well. My shaft is in the freezer and I was going to use a hair dryer on the sealed bearing as to not damage the seals or grease.
I don't think a hair drying will heat enough? Let me know if it warms up enough!.
Keep bearing temp blow 80*c(170*f). And it will not harm seals,grease

I don't think a hair drying will heat enough? Let me know if it warms up enough!.
Keep bearing temp blow 80*c(170*f). And it will not harm seals,grease

Hair dryer only got it to 55*c. Went on just enough to get stuck..lol. Ended up using a press.

No

Maybe I’m overthinking this but do you think the condensation in the bearing will cause problems since the bearing is sealed and it will be trapped inside after being has been in the freezer and then warms up?

Maybe I’m overthinking this but do you think the condensation in the bearing will cause problems since the bearing is sealed and it will be trapped inside after being has been in the freezer and then warms up?
Your overthinking:D

Back