• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Is your current Yamaha really that bad?

Kevin

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Sidewinder
Lots of complaints about the new line up or limited line up I guess
Is your current Yamaha really that bad?
You hate you Sidewinder that much?
All brands are having issues...none are perfect

Personally I LOVE my SW!!
Yes there have been some issues but that happens with everything you buy

I am at a loss on this. I love all of my sleds, maybe because I like to just ride snowmobiles. Not sure what to say, we have 2 - 2017 Sidewinders and we love them. They all have problem in some fashion. I guess with all the complainers, lets hope the site is not turning into just that... so many good guys and so much good help here. Look at the positive side of it.. I am here until it ends. If that matters to anyone.

I am at a loss on this. I love all of my sleds, maybe because I like to just ride snowmobiles. Not sure what to say, we have 2 - 2017 Sidewinders and we love them. They all have problem in some fashion. I guess with all the complainers, lets hope the site is not turning into just that... so many good guys and so much good help here. Look at the positive side of it.. I am here until it ends. If that matters to anyone.
I was kinda hoping you’d stick around even if it does end Tom. I’m at a loss for words with this year’s release, and am more confused than ever about the direction Yammy is taking with the sled division. Having said that, I love my sleds, I love to ride, and will continue to help out around here where/when I can with the like minded guys who continue to be here for the right reasons.

I was kinda hoping you’d stick around even if it does end Tom. I’m at a loss for words with this year’s release, and am more confused than ever about the direction Yammy is taking with the sled division. Having said that, I love my sleds, I love to ride, and will continue to help out around here where/when I can with the like minded guys who continue to be here for the right reasons.

Thats what I love to hear. Its about the passion of the sport. Thank you!!

I’ll chime in. This is solo my Opinion And how I feel. T I’m going to be honest. I have a 2018 SW 50th. Has 1200. Miles
It’s froze the roll over valve twice and blow the oil seal to tank out
Flatten the secondary twice. Now has dalton clutching
Frozen relays almost every time I ride it every morning. Ride in the up Michigan. Around Christmas mi west mostly
Broken meny belts before clutching up grade doesn’t sound like much. But. For a 17k machine That left me stranded on the way to houghton Michigan From Christmas mi. I was not happy. All because a frozen roll over valve (first time )
My point. My 08 apex. Never once was stranded and was 10 year older and had over 12k miles on it. do I love the SW yes. but feel some parts and design have been neglected

2020 lineup sure does seem limited, that said, my Viper rocks and every time I even think about updating it I hit the throttle on the trail and say to myself "I'm never selling this sled"!

Prices make it easy to stick with my present sled. I've got buddies riding Polaris two stroke and both have had to rebuild the top end this year while I just keep on trucking!

Preventative maintenance goes along way in not having a bad weekend!! These sleds take a pounding!!

My 18 Winder has treated me good. 5,049 miles, factory belt with some minor clutch work. Only issue were relays froze 3 times, solid state going in over the summer. Other than that, lube gas and go. Every season I get more confidence in the sled with the help of this site! So Tom if and when the end does come, you could always change the name to ""PARTIALLY YAMAHA"" That being said, I'm one of the biggest basher's of Yamaha cause I know what they are capable of. They have the resources, technology and finances to build a sled ""ON THERE OWN"" that will blow the other 3 right off the trail!!! How ever with the changing demographics of snowmobiling, lousy winters up till this one, flat disposable income and increasingly less sleds sold year after year the bean counters at Yamaha won, hence the Cat deal. This is starting too become embarrassing! And of all things, too have a 100% pure ""CAT"" with Yamaha stickers in the line up is just shameful!!!!! I had mixed feelings when Chris Reid left and the Cat deal from 14 on. In 17 when the Winder came out I knew the jig was up for seeing a Yamaha designed and built performance sled ever again. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Chevy builds the Corvette, they don't farm it out too ""FORD""!!!!! I'll keep riding, enjoying and upgrading/tweaking my Winder with the help of this site and it's many knowledgeable members for many seasons to come! End of ""RANT""!! I'll get off the soapbox now.

My SW is my favorite sled I've ever owned. No complaints from me on that model line except styling. Wouldn't mind a new BB 2 stroke but I'm not disappointed there isn't one. The other brands sleds are great too.

As far as styling/colors goes just would like a few more choices.

I think all the negativity is just passionate Yamaha guys, who want to see Yamaha succeed in the snowmobile game. My sled is amazing. My only gripe after 1000 miles, is I would like an upgraded suspension. My front feels great, but when I'm pushing it in the real bumpy stuff, its rough in the rear. I can't keep up with some guys who seem to just fly through them. My #*$&@ can't handle it lol. But the sled is amazing. If I was to upgrade, which I won't after only a year, would be to a GT, or LE. Unmatched power boyz! Squeeze it! :yam::4STroke::home::sled2:

The last time I heard this much crying was when my kids were in diapers.

Are the sleds really that bad ... no (if u know how to work on them yourself) . The only real problem with the current sidewinder is mostly arctic cat related. Basic design is great . But there should have been a new chassis, Yamaha or Yamaha-cat this year . For two companies joining together from 2012 ish with only two chassis to show for it leaves u scratching your head ? Where did the R&D money go ? Is it in Yamaha s best interest to get away from this deal ?

I love our 2 vipers! Yeah it was kinda disappointing with this years release, but hey, there’s nothing we can do about it other than ride our current sleds or upgrade, or as some will probably do...switch brands. Been there done that, BIG MISTAKE!

I’m actually starting to enjoy the fiancés 129 with the fox QS3 shocks. That thing is a blast to ride! I still love my 137 with the tall windshield and heated seat though. We will ride these vipers until it’s time to upgrade. We love them!

I think we are all just huge fans of Yamaha and want to see them win at all costs. They have been there before in the sled industry and they have potential to do it again. They need a good marketing team like the others have.

I purchased a Sidewinder MTX this year. Best sled I have owned to date. I liked how the electronics went back to what was used on genuine yamaha product. The fit and finish under the hood was remarkablely improved over my 14 viper. No leaking coolant or blown oil lines cause someone did not take the time to tighten. Wiring looks genuine yamaha rather than the rats nest that was on my viper. Granted neither have been back to dealer for warranty as any of my Yamaha have been.

My SW MTX has exceeded my expectations. Suspension works great for its intended purpose, power is unreal and deep snow prowess is the best yet from yamaha. No longer am I worried about getting somewhere because of getting stuck and trenched out. First time 2 strokes can follow me and struggle getting to where I am at. I officially run out of talent before I run out of sled. Not the case on my turboed vipers. All this and my Winder is a 153 and my viper was a 162.

My Winder will keep me going for years to come. I am confident that by the time I want a new one, yamaha will have something out there.

Back