• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

It Has Arrived!!

Finesy

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder RTX 50th Anniversary
2017 Sidewinder LTX SE
IMG_2740.JPG
It has arrived!!
I saw it in its shipping crate at the dealership yesterday!!
Can't wait for snow.
Only 4 1/2 months till it starts snowing up here......

Damn that is early. Hope mine doesn't come in for atleast 2-3 months lol

View attachment 129123 It has arrived!!
I saw it in its shipping crate at the dealership yesterday!!
Can't wait for snow.
Only 4 1/2 months till it starts snowing up here......

I was thinking late October/early November... but not July 9th!! WTF??? Maybe Canada gets theirs early???

Wow! Hopefully mine doesn't come in too early, still have to buy trailer for it ha ha. Dealer said late September-mid October for me. Can't wait for this winter. Never had a new sled.

Wow! Hopefully mine doesn't come in too early, still have to buy trailer for it ha ha. Dealer said late September-mid October for me. Can't wait for this winter. Never had a new sled.

Welcome to the site Brian! And congratulations on your new sled as well. I'm buying mine in Caribou(Garys Yamaha). Where are you from in Maine? And what dealer are you buying it from-if you don't mind me asking?

Welcome to the site Brian! And congratulations on your new sled as well. I'm buying mine in Caribou(Garys Yamaha). Where are you from in Maine? And what dealer are you buying it from-if you don't mind me asking?
Hey, I'm in Lewiston/Auburn area, I ordered from Woody's in Topsham. Buddy's bought 2017 Pro S 800s so I'm catching flack for my big heavy 4 stroke ha ha. My in-laws live in fort Kent so I'll be riding up there a bit I hope! Love it there

That red and White 50th is really sharp!! Congrats!

Jester

Hey, I'm in Lewiston/Auburn area, I ordered from Woody's in Topsham. Buddy's bought 2017 Pro S 800s so I'm catching flack for my big heavy 4 stroke ha ha. My in-laws live in fort Kent so I'll be riding up there a bit I hope! Love it there

From what I have heard...Woodys is a fabulous dealer. They were in the "Yamaha Dealer Reaction" Video.

For some reason I don't think your buds will be razzing you much after the first long straight away on the first ride of the season lol!!

I'm from CT, but do my riding in the northern part of the County(I too love it up there...this upcoming season will be 23 years riding there! Met many local folks up there that are just righteous people-makes the long drive for me well worth it). That's why I decided to buy mine up there...I have to pass right by the dealer on my way in...so made perfect sense to go that route for me. And he made me a much better deal than anybody down here in Southern New England.

What track length/model did you order/buy for 2018?

That red and White 50th is really sharp!! Congrats!

Jester

Yes, I'm looking forward to seeing my 50th in person (hoping it looks as good in real life as it does in pictures??). Hope the pictures aren't making it look better than it really does?? I always worry about that...buying a machine before being able to see it in person. But I took the plunge on the look of the pictures with this purchase. Just Hope I'm pleased when it comes time to pick it up!?

From what I have heard...Woodys is a fabulous dealer. They were in the "Yamaha Dealer Reaction" Video.

For some reason I don't think your buds will be razzing you much after the first long straight away on the first ride of the season lol!!

I'm from CT, but do my riding in the northern part of the County(I too love it up there...this upcoming season will be 23 years riding there! Met many local folks up there that are just righteous people-makes the long drive for me well worth it). That's why I decided to buy mine up there...I have to pass right by the dealer on my way in...so made perfect sense to go that route for me. And he made me a much better deal than anybody down here in Southern New England.

What track length/model did you order/buy for 2018?
I went with an LTX- LE in Blue. All my toys have been Yamahas and blue, I love it lol. But I did go to the manufacturers 2018 sneak peek and that 50th anniversary winder caught my eye!

I went with an LTX- LE in Blue. All my toys have been Yamahas and blue, I love it lol. But I did go to the manufacturers 2018 sneak peek and that 50th anniversary winder caught my eye!

I really liked the blue too(but I wanted a 129" track) and couldn't get the blue LE in a 129 for 2018. Almost went with the 137 due to that fact, but then the 50th anniversary colors/graphics started to really grow on me. Time will tell if my decision to go with the 50th anniversary color scheme was a smart one for me.

Do you have a picture of your new sled? Seems very early to me

I stop by my dealer frequently. I will be renting a Yamaha PWC from him next week when on vacation.
Mountain House Trout marina on Kawagama Lake.
My dealer told me he has received 2 2018s so far and he thought one was a 50th LE Sidewinder.
He was busy hustling boats and told me to go take a look for myself. So I did, it's still in the crate with the heavy plastic wrap, but I could look through vent holes and see that it was definitely red, white and black, was a Sidewinder and was a 129. He's not a large volume dealer, so I'm not sure he's sold any other 2018 LE's. That's what I ordered. The other crated sled had the Chartreuse yellow color on it, I didn't know for sure what model that is. I think the Yamaha website says something about no delivery to customers before August 2017. As soon as I pick it up I am getting it studded, the 4th wheel kit and Artic Cat skis.

Yes, I'm looking forward to seeing my 50th in person (hoping it looks as good in real life as it does in pictures??). Hope the pictures aren't making it look better than it really does?? I always worry about that...buying a machine before being able to see it in person. But I took the plunge on the look of the pictures with this purchase. Just Hope I'm pleased when it comes time to pick it up!?
Oh, I wondered the exact same thing last season when I bought my 2017 LTX-LE. Trust me, you won't be let down when you see her for the first time! It gets no better... until you put your thumb into it for the first time. It will take your breath away!

Congrats!

Back