• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

It's not another hater thread

Mazz

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2008 Fx Nytro RTX 40th
Yes I'm not a hundred percent sold on the viper yet, but after just getting home from the Minneapolis show and talking to quite a few different reps including Rob Powers, does anyone think yamaha is shooting themselves in the foot on sales of the new viper by announcing five new sleds in five years?
Are some potential buyers going to hold off to see what's next, myself included?
I know some have been less than truthful when it comes to future models so take this for what it's worth but, I heard from more than one rep that this was the only sled coming from TRF.
Like I said not hating just looking to the future.

From what I've seen on the few years that I've been on here is that people are going to complain no matter what they bring to the table. They will wait, complain, wait for the next year, complain & so on. I personally like the Viper. I think that it's the best of both worlds.

Mazz said:
Yes I'm not a hundred percent sold on the viper yet, but after just getting home from the Minneapolis show and talking to quite a few different reps including Rob Powers, does anyone think yamaha is shooting themselves in the foot on sales of the new viper by announcing five new sleds in five years?
Are some potential buyers going to hold off to see what's next, myself included?
I know some have been less than truthful when it comes to future models so take this for what it's worth but, I heard from more than one rep that this was the only sled coming from TRF.
Like I said not hating just looking to the future.

I wondered the same thing about the announcement of all the new models coming. So many wanting a SC or Turbo, many will hold out for that and to see how the Viper pans out for the first year. Was told they are stepping it up with a 3 year warranty, however, for snow-checked Vipers. That does put a bit more confidence in buying a first year run. If Doo boosts their 1200 or Poo steps it up with an agressive 4-stroke in their Pro-Ride, might be quite a few that won't wait around. Time will tell.

this weeks launch was considered 3 new sleds....so not sure what 5 really means.... but Chris at Sled blog said they are working on a new RX.... (new vector and Apex??)

That's exactly what I was getting at also Daranello, see as they were so tight lipped about the viper I was just very surprised to hear that everyone that we talk to is so open to come right out and say that they are coming soon with a replacement Rs/Rx chassis. The more I think about it, it seems that the viper was almost like a quick stop gap to get something to the market while they work on something else. Also makes me hopeful for more true yamahas from Japan.

Sorry I almost forgot, one other cool thing I heard from some reps at the show was that yamaha moved about eight engineers from Japan their family's and all to their r&d area in Minouqua Wi. They said they planned on having them there for six to seven years, this was also nice to hear I think they are defiantly commited to their snowmobile department.

Mazz said:
Sorry I almost forgot, one other cool thing I heard from some reps at the show was that yamaha moved about eight engineers from Japan their family's and all to their r&d area in Minouqua Wi. They said they planned on having them there for six to seven years, this was also nice to hear I think they are defiantly commited to their snowmobile department.

I hope thats a fact. That would be amazing! Come on Yamaha, let 2015 be the year of the gamechanger! ;)!

Back