• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

I've Jumped Ship... Mostly

DeepFrz

Expert
Well, it's finally happened. Over 6000 miles on my 07 Phazer followed by over 8000 miles on my 11 Nytro XTX. It was time for something new, but unfortunately Yamaha wasn't offering anything that peaked my interest. Don't get me wrong, a Sidewinder would have been a blast, but I couldn't get myself to spend that kind of money on a sport that only last 4 months a year.

So I've Jumped... To a 2020 Ski-Doo Summit 850 146. After riding both Polaris and Ski-Doo sleds in West Yellowstone over the past several years, the Gen4 (for some reason) felt very similar to the Nytro for me. I'll still be hanging on to the Nytro however, since the motor is bullet proof and it will be a great trail runner for years to come. It already feels weird to me, to say that I own a Ski-Doo and not a new Yamaha. I've spent the last 14 years of my life on Yamaha snowmobiles. Is anyone else flirting with a Ski-Doo?

Sidebar, why did it sensor the word "ship" in the thread title?

Here's the Ski-Doo I picked up. 150 miles on it already and I'm really impressed.

nYAkPOk_d.jpg

Back