• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Jack shaft removal. Need help

dburrowes

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 Yamaha Viper LTX-SE
I've bought the new bearings and trying to remove the jack shaft. I believe that I've removed all clips and retaining rings as required however I can't seem to get it broke free.

First question.

On the chai case side. I've removed the locking but but I cannot seem to get the threaded sleeve pushed in towards the bearing. Is there a trick to this.

Second question

I looked and looked for the retaining ring on the clutch side but can't find it. I believe that is was never there. Is this possible.

Attachments

• IMG_1951.JPG
    IMG_1951.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 1,999
  • IMG_1952.JPG
    IMG_1952.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 1,218

Last edited:
http://www.ty4stroke.com/threads/7800mi-service-16-jackshaft-upgrade-and-driver-shaft-change.141330/

Read some of that. You may not be able to save the slip thread lock collar. I couldn't on mine.
No real trick if you can find a socket or piece of pipe to fit and tap evenly on the threaded collar that would be ideal.

Also my retaining clip was not in mine either!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b6613170bb9b6e398c031701d4d0d336.jpg
Yes ..I removed mine with a piece of pipe that I put on the collar and tapped generously!

Did you install one on replacing the bearings.
Nope! I will do this week but I think the best way to go is the 2016 update if you worry to reinstall the wobble bearing. It's a little tricky and want to apply the right procedure

Well...... about exhausted all options and cannot seem to get the threaded sleeve apart from my jackshaft. I'm starting to feel that the artic cat lineage has raised its ugly head. Sooooo frustrated. Almost cut my shaft in two and pounded the cut shaft and bearing out both ways. Thoughts????

Well...... about exhausted all options and cannot seem to get the threaded sleeve apart from my jackshaft. I'm starting to feel that the artic cat lineage has raised its ugly head. Sooooo frustrated. Almost cut my shaft in two and pounded the cut shaft and bearing out both ways. Thoughts????
You removed all the bolts from the framemember holding clutch side bearing?

Or am I able to defeat the threaded collar with force and just wail away on the jackshaft from the chai case side

Looking at my old setup now. If you have a puller you can try pulling the clutch side bearing and frame member off the shaft as a assembly. Then yes you will be able to remove the whole shaft by tapping clutchside in toward chaincase. You can then cut the bearing off using a cutoff wheel in diegrinder or angle grinder.

Back