• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Jaret Announces 2022 Yamaha Snowmobile Launch Date!!

Dude how can you come on here and rip on or about something you don't even own. I don't come on here and bitch about an Apex or a Nytro I don't care they are 100% Yamaha they still have there fair share of problems. One more thing so it's ok for everyone else to voice their opinions but I can't. You don't like the Vipers and Winders I get it but guess what I'm not a fan of the Apex or Nytro and under any circumstances would I go back to them. So you keep right on ripping on the Pro Cross Yamaha's and I will be right here setting you straight. I have no problem with guys posting there problems but when a person can come on here and complain about something he doesn't even own but off of someone else's experience just isn't right in my eyes.
You should practice what you preach, you don't own a 850 Doo or 850 Polaris Yet you seem to b#$%&* about them, if Yamaha doesn't come out with something other than a painted Cat I may have to move to a four stroke Doo. of course after I put 80,000 miles or so on my reliable Apex, good luck with the Winder, hope you bought the extra warranty, oh yes.. get a tune put in her!! :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:

No I don’t own a winder or a viper. Why? The chain case issues. I need to have the piece of mind that it will to stay together. Think of what you want of my reason you obviously have different priorities than I do. Yes I am from the old reliability Yamaha thinking.

Exactly. My Viper had chaincase failure, starting problems (wouldn't start in the cold and backfired terribly), front end components came apart in 1k miles wiring problems like a regular ditch pickle (Cat). It was so unreliable I finally got it running and completely moved on from the brand. I was diehard Yamaha for nearly 20 years and Yamaha turned their back on me. The quality I was accustomed to with Yamaha DNA sleds disappeared with they got in bed with Cat. After watching how Yamaha was treated by Cat (redheaded step-child) and getting help to owners so late in the game I could read the writing on the wall.

Exactly. My Viper had chaincase failure, starting problems (wouldn't start in the cold and backfired terribly), front end components came apart in 1k miles wiring problems like a regular ditch pickle (Cat). It was so unreliable I finally got it running and completely moved on from the brand. I was diehard Yamaha for nearly 20 years and Yamaha turned their back on me. The quality I was accustomed to with Yamaha DNA sleds disappeared with they got in bed with Cat. After watching how Yamaha was treated by Cat (redheaded step-child) and getting help to owners so late in the game I could read the writing on the wall.
I agree, It's a shame really.

Any more videos?
When does the GPX 998 come as a throw back sled?

The telling thing is we're past the days when threads like these were 100 pages long. So sad.

1nc, GPX comes back that might be when I switch!!
Loved my first sled, 73 GPX!!

I am hoping that for those of us with older model sidewinders /Arctic Cats that a power steering kit will be offered to give us the option to upgrade our sleds

Don't think Yamaha will offer much more than what Cats offering, other then different paint, shock package, maybe a two up pro cross with the Viper motor with power steering in it, Winders will have power steering maybe updated bearing/chain case, possible new instrument gauge upgrade, hard for Yamaha to out due the competition when the competition is building your sled, we will be lucky if we see these upgrades.

My guess is Jaret wouldn't have leaked the only new thing they got with EPS. So maybe a re-worked clutch like AC did?

what surprised me was the only AC 9000 series is the Thundercat. No other sleds with Yamaha engines, other than the mini sleds. No other variants of the 998 either. That surprised me as I thought the crossover sleds were nice setups. AC faithful are liking the CTEC2 800. It's a smooth mill for sure. Will we see Yamaha thin the herd as well? Viper go away?

Last edited:
what surprised me was the only AC 9000 series is the Thundercat. No other sleds with Yamaha engines, other than the mini sleds. No other variants of the 998 either. That surprised me as I thought the crossover sleds were nice setups. AC faithful are liking the CTEC2 800. It's a smooth mill for sure. Will we see Yamaha thin the heard as well? Viper go away?
Been that way for over a model year now.

Wishful thinking but Maybe the video is just a curveball made so we all just think eps is it. Why release the only new thing a month before the real release? If that is the case the teaser video pretty much was the release minus bng. Hopefully there’s more to it

Back