• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Jaret Announces 2022 Yamaha Snowmobile Launch Date!!

That link to the video wouldn't play for me on my telephone.

Last edited:
If it's a winder there is no intercooler guard.

Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another guess, 998 cold air intake NA. or possibly the new engine from wolverine. Sled name SXR... thoughts? the name was patented 2 years ago I think it was.

A replacement for the Apex / Vector? I think that is what he hinted at. Oh well nobody seems to care anymore so we will just have to wait and see.

My thoughts are they could be bringing back the Apex engine or at least some variant of it. That engine block started the name Genesis 4 Stroke. Also the first sled with power steering! They need a sled in this power range. A lot of people including myself want more than viper has but don’t need what a Winder has. Most people would say that the pro cross chassis with 4 strokes in them could benefit greatly with power steering in them. We also all know they could benefit from a 100hp option too. I would be overjoyed if they would fix the gears And the chain case issues that the winder is experiencing! And also the dreaded drive shaft bearing issue!

Well you'll get your power steering but the Apex motor has gone by by. If you can't decide between a Viper or a Winder maybe you need to look at a 850 2 joke. Do you have any experience with the Winder or Viper from what I can see you don't own one but I could be wrong. Gets to be a little much when people keep repeating the problems that others have had. You do realize there are a lot of Stock Vipers and Winders out there with no issues. All your going to hear on these kind of forums is the bad not a lot of posts about the good just how it goes.

Last edited:
Everybody has a right to their opinion, just because somebody doesn't own a Cat Viper or a Cat winder he can still be part of TY, I think its interesting and appreciative that members post the problems they are having with their Winders and Vipers and anything else that they paid their big hard earned money for, as for the 850 's two stroke, They are no joke and market share clearly shows that, you must drive on the trails they are everywhere in droves, you like hearing about the bad stuff to, every time you open your mouth about the Apex's, don't forget they are pure DNA Yamaha sleds.

Dude how can you come on here and rip on or about something you don't even own. I don't come on here and bitch about an Apex or a Nytro I don't care they are 100% Yamaha they still have there fair share of problems. One more thing so it's ok for everyone else to voice their opinions but I can't. You don't like the Vipers and Winders I get it but guess what I'm not a fan of the Apex or Nytro and under any circumstances would I go back to them. So you keep right on ripping on the Pro Cross Yamaha's and I will be right here setting you straight. I have no problem with guys posting there problems but when a person can come on here and complain about something he doesn't even own but off of someone else's experience just isn't right in my eyes.

No I don’t own a winder or a viper. Why? The chain case issues. I need to have the piece of mind that it will to stay together. Think of what you want of my reason you obviously have different priorities than I do. Yes I am from the old reliability Yamaha thinking.

Back