• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Jumping Ship

DooAssassin said:
You are talking pipe dreams buddy. I am talking about the brand new turbo cats. Been running with them all winter. 35psi...there you go again with a estimated hp rating. Lets see the dynos on pump!!! you WILL not run with a mcx apex 290hp kit. It wont happen and dosint happen. Listen, you push 240-260 at most on pump end of story. If you disagree show the proof!...there is none thats why. I can show you proof www.mc-xpress.com 290hp on pump on the dyno. Your over boosted turbo is running so unefucently at 35psi its not even close to the estimated numbers. I dont want to hear I beat this , i make 35psi boost so I must be making this much hp because its all speculation. They are fast ok, but not even close to a mcx turbo apex. SHOW ME THE PROOF NOT JIBBLE JABBLE!!

Im having fun, but not bending the truth :yam:

Blah blah blah.....your telling me what my old sled is and how it runs and never seen it. Typical internet bs..that cat josh has is in the 380-420 hp range running 30-35lbs boost. And thats on meth and pump... i know, mcx is untouchable proof is on there website......blah, blah, blah.

Proof is also on the trail also. That sled is not running 380-420. Your calculation is incorrect because you are not taking into consideration how unefficent the head design is and only 2 cyl and how your turbo is not flowing properly at that high of boost. Here is a apex on 91 with no meth only @ 15psi 335hp. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr0B2X63fUw On meth it will produce more boost like you said so @ 22psi 438hp....... on the dyno. They will not boost over the efficency of the turbo because it dosint make much difference. Typically its around 20 psi for all turbos. After that its all hot air and restricted turbo exhaust.

DooAssassin said:
Proof is also on the trail also. That sled is not running 380-420. Your calculation is incorrect because you are not taking into consideration how unefficent the head design is and only 2 cyl and how your turbo is not flowing properly at that high of boost. Here is a apex on 91 with no meth only @ 15psi 335hp. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr0B2X63fUw On meth it will produce more boost like you said so @ 22psi 438hp....... on the dyno. They will not boost over the efficency of the turbo because it dosint make much difference. Typically its around 20 psi for all turbos. After that its all hot air and restricted turbo exhaust.

Sounds good, you dont even know what turbo is on the sled, so you know nothing about its boost map or where the sweet spot is. I give up. You right, all 2 cyl. Sleds are slow and a mcx 290 is the only way to make hp. I bow to king of all turbos.

aja636 said:
DooAssassin said:

Sounds good, you dont even know what turbo is on the sled, so you know nothing about its boost map or where the sweet spot is. I give up. You right, all 2 cyl. Sleds are slow and a mcx 290 is the only way to make hp. I bow to king of all turbos.

So very true he is off base on that for sure!!!!! I know my Z1 would never touch a Mcx290 so I am out!!!! :jump:

We have no idea what gas those sleds were running . But on that topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mudr_Mw1_Q

Back on topic:
Not the KING or turbos but pretty dam close! I never said that the cats are slow, I just had to push it that far because I know im right. The cat turbo will never produce as much hp as a apex on pump PERIOD. Its simple physics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr0B2X63fUw

BTW, this is all in the name of the sport, no hurt feelings friends.

DooAssassin said:
Good luck with your decision. Lots of cats are running build up kits and still have no chance with apex 290 kits. I have watched it with my own eyes on multiple occasions . And ask a honest cat owner with a modified cat, they will say apexs are in a higher class, thats how bad they get beaten. Its almost a joke. Not to pop your bubble but the hp figures that they claim is totally different then the real world true hp. You better be running c12 and boosting threw a bigger turbo than the stock one, just to compete. On pump I dont care what you are running its not going to run with it. Unless you have made a miracle happen.
Youll be back, they always come back :yam:

I thought u were saying no Cat with a build up kit can run with a apex 290 kit. I call bull #*$&@ big time. LaLaLa

Skydog said:
DooAssassin said:
Good luck with your decision. Lots of cats are running build up kits and still have no chance with apex 290 kits. I have watched it with my own eyes on multiple occasions . And ask a honest cat owner with a modified cat, they will say apexs are in a higher class, thats how bad they get beaten. Its almost a joke. Not to pop your bubble but the hp figures that they claim is totally different then the real world true hp. You better be running c12 and boosting threw a bigger turbo than the stock one, just to compete. On pump I dont care what you are running its not going to run with it. Unless you have made a miracle happen.
Youll be back, they always come back :yam:

I thought u were saying no Cat with a build up kit can run with a apex 290 kit. I call bull poop big time. LaLaLa

We have no idea what gas those sleds were running . But on that topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Mudr_Mw1_Q

Back on topic:
Not the KING or turbos but pretty dam close! I never said that the cats are slow, I just had to push it that far because I know im right. The cat turbo will never produce as much hp as a apex on pump PERIOD. Its simple physics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sr0B2X63fUw

BTW, this is all in the name of the sport, no hurt feelings friends.

:Rockon:
Ok Ok, enjoy your cat. ;)! it still sounds like a snowblower and the key for it looks like a snowblower key too. Im not backing down on this one untill you can come up with hard evidence. Till then im out. See ya :rocks:

Hahahaha right on buddy!!! Yea I will give the sound 1000% u won there!!!!! Have good weekend!!!! Now some snow please!!!!!

OK.. I am at work offshore now... and cannot see any of these you tube links because of the company firewall... (phuckers) ... but I get the gist of it. Far as the sled is concerned... the stock turbo would be terribly inefficient and wont puch that much anyhow... but its not stock.
There is a guy on HCS that has a nearly identical setup as mine... and has dynoed over 400HP several times...... I know... not my sled and you would call BS on that ...friendly discussion of course. Just food for thought....
I am thinking I will have to make a trip to the dyno to find out for sure.

DooAssassin said:
I will pray to the snow gods to send some your way

Please send some to Maine as well... this is BS. :o|

Back