• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Just bought 06 Nytro and I have some questions

pudge

just bought a 06 nytro w/ 1200 miles for $4000 was it a good deal? what do i need to look for as far as issues? i would like to get some GYT piggyback shock for the front and get rid of the fox floats , what do floats go for?

One place i would check is the coolant hose under the drive belt on the clutches,seems the metal belt guard rubs against the coolant hose.I solved it by bending the guard up a bit and wrapping the coolant hose with plastic wire protector.Brother has a 06 Nytro,great cross-country sled with awesome fuel mileage :Rockon: .

I have an '07 Nytro and love mine. The skis suck but after making some adjustments the handling improved. End of last year I bought new skis so I cant wait for snowfall! So far it's been a great sled for me. You can check the idler wheels as they are known to wear out quick. Fuel millage is awesome. I can basically ride all weekend and only spend about $8.

I also bought Rocks hot hands controller from this site and going to install it this weekend so hopefully no more cold hands.

skis- think about changing them or at least shim the stock ones and try either bergstrom triples or shaper bars. Also, agree on the idler wheels- keep an eye on them. Great on gas, love it when the 2 strokes have to stop and I sit and laugh.

NJNYTRO said:
skis- think about changing them or at least shim the stock ones and try either bergstrom triples or shaper bars. Also, agree on the idler wheels- keep an eye on them. Great on gas, love it when the 2 strokes have to stop and I sit and laugh.

So, how miles to the gallon are you getting? I recently bought one, first Yamaha, and first 4 stroke.

Thanks,
Nick

all depends on the style of riding, lake, trails, racing in the field- it all depends. But if I remember correctly I can get a little over 200 miles on a tank- about 220-230 if my memory serves me correctly. I know alot of the 600 and 800's I ride with are fueling after a 100 - 120

I ride trails 90-95%, and play a little off trail, but not much. So with that kind of riding, about 20 mpg.
I've done a lot of reading on here since april, and that seems high for the Nytro. The vector maybe. They are geared differently from what I have read. Lower gearing on the Nytro for corner to corner speed.
Well, if it gets 20 so much the better.
I just figured more like 17 mpg. Which is fine. I'm used to 17-20 with my other sleds. ( 600SDI's)

Thanks,
Nick

I to get about 17-20 mpg depending on how much playing I do. I like to jump and corner to corner is awsome. I will to, this year work on my ski adj. and will shim them. Darting is a problem compared to my wifes Vector. I wil buy new skis when I can aford. Just installed Rocks hand warmer, this is a must do!! Awsome, fun sled! :Rockon:

Fuel mileage is awsome, my buddy with his 600 sdi can't beat me at the pumps even when he dogs it all day, and I outway him by almost 100lbs. I shimmed my skis but am looking to replace them this year, I have also added a 13mm swaybar, added 144 studs up the middle last year, going with intense (1.5") track this year, had my idlers delaminate, and rewired my handwarmers for warm hands....by the way the new wiring and added resistors work AWESOME, nice and toasty hands!!! I am also in the process of trying to find the right valving for the rear skid, oh yeah and keep an eye on your h-arm and cross tubes in your rear skid for cracks...well mine cracked anyway. The motor is awesome, lots of torque for a 120hp class sled, great mileage, fun, looks great, I am just trying to get my handling figured out. If someone was looking for a 4-stroke sled I would recommend this to them.

oh yeah and I bought mine last year for $4000 usd with 1000 miles on it. But this was a steal of a deal!!! I think you did well on your price IMO.

thanks for the info. i am now working with a member for some piggybacks for the front now. i heard top speed is about 100 and that is fine for me, i really don't go faster than 90mph. sounds like i need to look at the H-bracket , i raced the iron dog a couple of years ago that was what i had to do then with an IQ. how hard is it to change out a sway bar?

Sway bar was fairly easy, just take your time. Does make a big difference. I don't know abot the piaa's but i would be interested as well.

The front arm in the skid will break if it wasn't gusseted. The Apex had a gusseted front arm in the model that used the CK suspension. I don't know if the Nytro came with the updated arm? My 05 Vector took quite a beating and I XC raced it twice before I noticed cracks.

For MPG, I get between 13-15. That includes lots of off trail riding and going fast on trails. I don't think the Nytro would be too different. I'd think for the 120 motor to get 20 mpg, the trails have to be super hard, smooth and the riding would be pretty conservative.

Speacking about Nytros, shimmed my stock skis (06)and would like to know what people are running for toe, mine right now from stock is 3/4'' out. ;)!

Back