• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Just got a stock 04 RX Warrior any things I should do before snow fall?

yammiefan04

Country
USA
Snowmobile
04 RX warrior, 2008 apex mtx, 2000 sx700r
Just got a stock 04 RX Warrior with 8,200 on it is their anything I should check before snowfall, I've heard bushings and clutch, is their any other common points of wear or failure i should be aware of?, as this is my first Yamaha four stroke.- Thanks in advance.

get the shocks rebuilt (they fade/loose performance with milage). check all the idler wheel bearings and repack/replace as nessasary. repack/replace the speedo bearing (ls under the seondary clutch). repack the one behind the secondary clutch. check the front arm of the rear suspension for cracks as mine had cracked around that milage. check front suspension arms for play in the bushings. replace the engine oil and filter if not already done. replace chain case lube and check chain tension. blow out clutches with compressed air to remove belt dust. check the exh dounuts as it is a known fail point at around that milage.

otherwise ride and enjoy!

had an 05 rx war ltd that my brother now has. has around 20000 km on it now. there are some other things to check with advanced milage/abuse but those are easyer to do if you are doing the donuts. another brother has an 04 rx war mod as well that i have done maintence on as well.

any questions just ask.

With it still being carbureted, you may also need to go through the carbs and disassemble and clean and then sync them depending on how it runs. Also depends on how it was running last and/or how long it sat too as that could mean dumping fuel and possibly replacing the two in-tank fuel filters. I replaced mine and the one was pretty shot @ 11,000mi. They can be a pain to get to but with one of those bendable small parts grabbers, you can snag the line and just barely get to filters to replace them.

get the shocks rebuilt (they fade/loose performance with milage). check all the idler wheel bearings and repack/replace as nessasary. repack/replace the speedo bearing (ls under the seondary clutch). repack the one behind the secondary clutch. check the front arm of the rear suspension for cracks as mine had cracked around that milage. check front suspension arms for play in the bushings. replace the engine oil and filter if not already done. replace chain case lube and check chain tension. blow out clutches with compressed air to remove belt dust. check the exh dounuts as it is a known fail point at around that milage.

otherwise ride and enjoy!

had an 05 rx war ltd that my brother now has. has around 20000 km on it now. there are some other things to check with advanced milage/abuse but those are easyer to do if you are doing the donuts. another brother has an 04 rx war mod as well that i have done maintence on as well.

any questions just ask.
That really covers it well. Enjoy they are a great sled

Make sure you have a skid plate, I rolled over a big rock hidden in the snow it caught one of the oil pan stubs and caused me lots of grief

My '04 Warrior only has about 3700mi (6000km) on it, and rear suspension is sagging quite a bit now. It has the good ol' "no action" pro action. Any suggestions for an upgrade?

My '04 Warrior only has about 3700mi (6000km) on it, and rear suspension is sagging quite a bit now. It has the good ol' "no action" pro action. Any suggestions for an upgrade?

get the shocks serviced as at that milage they are overdue for service. odds are there is no nitrogen left in them and that causes them to sag more.

I added nytro/apex rear shock to my 2004 rx1.... it’s the easiest upgrade just have to drill 4 new holes on the rails

I added nytro/apex rear shock to my 2004 rx1.... it’s the easiest upgrade just have to drill 4 new holes on the rails
What year Apex/Nytro? Did you use the newer mega float style? I've been told that's the way to go.

I ended up finding a brand new 2009 nytro skid for $150 !! Only used rear shock setup, it’s the easiest way to mod it.

I have an 04 Warrior. I added a boss extra high seat and highly recommend at least adding foam and recovering the original . Sitting position is so much better. Later ,much later, my suspension cracked and I found a new Nytro 153 track , suspension and tunnel that I modded to fit. Now it’s almost like sitting on a dirt bike and is so comfortable for all day cross country rides.

Just got a stock 04 RX Warrior with 8,200 on it is their anything I should check before snowfall, I've heard bushings and clutch, is their any other common points of wear or failure i should be aware of?, as this is my first Yamaha four stroke.- Thanks in advance.
What kind of riding will you be doing? I don't have any of the fancy suspension upgrades (yet), but my suggestion is if you are going to be any boondocking or ditch banging at all, add hooks and risers. AND, if you add those you might as well upgrade the seat. This will help tremendously as these things aren't light nor are they agile with the 136" track being stock. I'm a very aggressive rider and when i go ditching, i take my RX-1 with a 121" track and i still have trouble. Being able to get to more of an upright position is a must with these older Delta Box sleds and the fore mentioned items should help.

Me and my wife ditch bang the hell outa our 2004 mountain rx1s lol, just make the sled do all the work, and hang the hell on!

Dose anybody know where to find some nice cheap extended throttle cables and a brake line, ive determined i will need a 6 inch handle bar lift, the stock handle bar are just a bit to low to be comfortable.

What kind of riding will you be doing? I don't have any of the fancy suspension upgrades (yet), but my suggestion is if you are going to be any boondocking or ditch banging at all, add hooks and risers. AND, if you add those you might as well upgrade the seat. This will help tremendously as these things aren't light nor are they agile with the 136" track being stock. I'm a very aggressive rider and when i go ditching, i take my RX-1 with a 121" track and i still have trouble. Being able to get to more of an upright position is a must with these older Delta Box sleds and the fore mentioned items should help.

Yea ill be mostly ditch banging so im defiantly looking at a handle bar raiser right of the bat, what seat do you recommend just an apex seat?

Back