• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Just picked up a 04 Warrior. Have some questions

SSX600

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2010 Nytro XTX, 1997 Mtn Max 600, 1998 SSX600, 1975 SM292F, 1987 Inviter
The machine has 2400 miles on it and seems to have be well taken care of. Problem is it doesn't come back to idle very well after riding it. I don't believe the carbs have ever been cleaned so I think that is the first thing I need to do. Is there anything that I should be looking at problems or concern I need to address to eliminate future problems.

Attachments

• 20171230_113933_resized.jpg
    20171230_113933_resized.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 127

you are on the right path.

Took carb off and pulled spark plugs and found one cylinder plug not very carboned up. So cleaned carbs and found that cylinder the needle was stuck in the seat housing so I am assuming that cylinder wasn't getting much fuel to burn. Runs a lot better. Greased the lower bearing and it was pretty dry for only 2400 miles but it is 14 years old. And also greased the upper bearing behind the clutch all looked good. Cleaned up sled and changed oil and filter which is a pain in the *ss but wasn't bad with the carbs off. Not as easy as a Nytro. Also changed chaincase oil seemed a little black but who knows when the last time it was changed. Should make my wife a good sled for a long time. Just wished this weather would product some snow in southern Wisconsin.

Sounds like you should be good to go. Enjoy your Warrior. I really like mine. I don't think I'll be riding for a while now because the rain and warm temps the last two days have killed the snow. Sucks, its been really cold for two weeks then it warms up to almost 50 and rains> Then when its done raining its going to get cold again. Who knows when we'll have enough snow to go out again. Winters in Vt aren't what they used to be that's for sure.

One more thing to do. If you can get use of a carb syn tool; syn the carbs. The 4 cylinders are really touchy in this aspect.

So we got to finally ride the RX Warrior this week and I am still having issues with the idle. It seems I have to constantly change the idle speed when its cold it too low when its warm its too high. Would syncing the carbs help out with my idle issues or is this just normal. Also when it idles seems to be missing maybe a little or sounds different. But what a rocket 102 mph on the meter.

So we got to finally ride the RX Warrior this week and I am still having issues with the idle. It seems I have to constantly change the idle speed when its cold it too low when its warm its too high. Would syncing the carbs help out with my idle issues or is this just normal. Also when it idles seems to be missing maybe a little or sounds different. But what a rocket 102 mph on the meter.

Not normal.
Synch the Carb's and or clean em again.
Don't get too excited about that speed unless someone removed teeth from the speedo sensor already.
Speedo reads 11 - 12% ish high, stock from factory.
You should be seeing at least 10 mph more on hard pack if all teeth still on sensor

Back