• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Just picked up a 2013 Apex SE

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha SRX 700
Hey guys, i got it for my fiance and it seems like a good sled but she hates the tall windshield. She "thinks" she wants a low windshield, so I'm just curious which years I should be looking for. Will all Apex windshields fit or should I be looking for certain years?

2011-2018 windshields are the same.
Does your apex have the stock shield on it now? Or did it come with the extra tall shield?
The only low windshield I’ve seen for the 2011-2018 apex’s is the one from Yamaha, here’s my 2011 with the low shield.
41BDD358-AE05-4BF2-8C9D-0F1AB8DFBD24.jpeg
85FE4C5B-C65E-4F3A-9EB7-EC526D27FDDD.jpeg

Last edited:
The stocker windshield on my 2012 seems about perfect. It's not in my view, but gives good protection to the hands and chest. I have never even given a thought to change it, that's how little I think about it.

It does hide my windshield bag well too!

The stocker windshield on my 2012 seems about perfect. It's not in my view, but gives good protection to the hands and chest. I have never even given a thought to change it, that's how little I think about it.

It does hide my windshield bag well too!
I also have the windshield bag on, the shield is a few inches taller then how the bag sits.

This is the first year I’m using this shield as it was included in the purchased.

almost ready to put a touring window on my 2011 for the gf as she gets cold on long days in the -20 c and colder range.

Thanks for the replies. I'm trying to talk her into keeping the tall windshield as I have a feeling she will be cold with a low one

Thanks for the replies. I'm trying to talk her into keeping the tall windshield as I have a feeling she will be cold with a low one
She will be cold in extreme weather, easy enough to take off and let her ride without, she will change her mind in a hurry.
This is the stock height, after one cold weekend in UP we went to the tall as our 09 had the tall and we could feel the difference.
UP.jpg

Here is the tall one which makes the difference in how long you last in the cold.
tall windy.jpg

IMG_20190103_172500576apex.jpg
I cut mine down. Its colder, but cooler. LOL

I used masking tape for my line, and cut it with lexan scissors. I put the original plastic trim back on and cut it to length.

When my wife and I ride she really appreciates the tall windshields when its brutal cold out. But she totally agrees they don't look good. And on a warm day they get very hot!
20190122_142859.jpg
IMG_20180319_190418874_HDR.jpg
20190122_142847.jpg

I have 2 Vectors 2016 and 2017. My Wife has small hands. And wears cheap gloves. I run stock windshields. She complained about cold hands. I use Skidoo leather 3 finger mitts. 3 fingers together and one separate. I installed Skinz Heatlock trail series handguards. And no complaints from either of us. The newer Yamaha hand warmers are so good that I have to dial them down with my leathers. She dials hers up and she is good. Hope this helps. Now I just need to install a seat warmer on hers!

Back