• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

K&N

Custom Rx1

Expert
Need a part number for new K&N air filters? I got the old ones wet like lake wet. :o| :o| :o| :o| :o| :o|

How do yu know what number. They only get sizes and I do not know what size they were.

cant these filters be washed and then dried, no oil and reinstalled??
I washed mine out this summer and I hope I didnt wreck them!!

Anybody have any info on cleaning the K&N filters??

you really should use the filter cleaner to clean them. I'd oil them so no water gets through them. Maxdlx

culvery your ok doing what you did, the oil helps trap smaller dust particles and provides some resistance to water. The water rinse probabaly didn't do much though for a good cleaning oil the filter cleaner kit from K&N. I bought one and have been passing it around the family cleaning fitlers on cars, sleds, etc and have done about 8 filters and still have half left on the bottle of cleaning solution so it lasts a LONG time.

Hope you recover from your injury quickly.
rxrider

Just got my replacement filters from Freddie today, going with that and prefilters. Hopefully that solves my powder problem (running pre-filters that is)

Thanks Freddie!

Back