• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

keewanaw peninsula snow depths?

mpbrix92

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2009 Yamaha Nytro RTX, pretty much bone stock
Looking to go up to the U.P. Over new years we usually stay in baraga and ride up to Houghton. I'm looking for snow reports

only ones open. not looking good. i have a trip planned for the 15th of jan. same area. this is the only area open so far.

Houghton County & Keweenaw County: 4-7" cover. Snowmobile trails from Twin Lakes to Copper Harbor are officially open. The Keweenaw Snowmobile Club will send the groomers out again when we receive more snow. Trails are in very early season condition. Any trail usage should be done with extreme care until we have better snow cover as there are rocks, stumps, branches and wet areas not covered by snow and hazards that have not yet been identified. Remember to watch out for the groomers when you’re out on the trails, they have the right of way!! The Keweenaw Convention & Visitors Bureau asks that you stay on the trails, STAY OFF THE ICE, respect private property, do not drink and drive, and above all else, please, drive safely. The signs on the trails are there for riders’ safety. Please DO NOT remove or destroy these signs. - See more at: http://www.uptravel.com/index.php?catid=54#sthash.Te76Bu39.dpuf

Lets do a snow dance.. I'm ready to go grass dragging about now..lol

How's this area doing on snow now? Heard they were going to get some snow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

We had a group from Onamia head to Bergland over the weekend... They got 50 miles on... The girls turned around after 10 miles because the bumps were to big... The guys turned around after one of them put their brand new skidoo in the drink crossing a 3 foot wide buy three foot deep flowage... I continued to tell them to come with me and my dad... We stayed in the state and found the best snow in the five state area ;)

View attachment 114409
Over 300 miles of this over the weekend... BTW this is not out west... Just a few miles from home this year :)

^^^ click the pic

We are headed to northern mn (babbitt area) this wknd to find snow. Where abouts was that pic?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I'll probably tell everyone in my riding season thread (my signature) but it probably won't get posted until later this week... Waiting on a few pics

Back