• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Klim Yamaha Jackets - Are they warm enough for Manitoba

blustar

Pro
Website
members.shaw.ca
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha Apex and RS Vector
Are these jackets warm enough to go with just a thin collar neck fleece and the jacket while sledding in -30f to -40f weather or colder?

Made with Guaranteed to Keep you Dry® Gore-Tex® technology, ballistic nylon overlays on shoulders and elbows, highly breathable 200g Thinsulate® insulation-warmth (without the bulk), highly visible 3M Scotchlite™ reflective material, max flow ventilation, aggressive patterning, double stitching for increased durability, YKK® zippers, 2 fleece lined hand pockets, 4 internal pockets, one hand bottom hem adjustment, double storm flap, with Klim® and Yamaha logos.

SMB-10JKL-BK-_ _
Available sizes: SM/MD/LG/XL/XX/3X

MSRP: $389.95

Does anybody know of a place that is selling these at a better price than $389 cdn?
SMB-10JKL-BK_01-500.jpg

Fixed your original post as the image was not there.

Regarding your question, the jacket new to Yamaha but might have been around in the past with Klim. What I can tell you is the FXR jackets were warm enough. I never got cold when riding in Manitoba when wearing my FXR gear.

I bought that klim coat at haydays. I was wanting a leather for the -20 days on the Nytro but the reps said this coat was warmer then the leather so i will be trying it out. They had a 35% discount so I got mine for $220 us.

I own this jacket and it is awsome. I have never been cold, even at 20 to 30 below on the cold tug hill NY nights. My hands are a different story!lol

I already have a jacket from Edco and its extremely warm when I wear a few layers e.g. thin skin tech shirt, breathable thin fleece and then the jacket. I have found going out one night at -40 c with a 70km wind and riding on the wide open Manitoba prairies that i wasnt cold. I was just told by others that the Manufacturers clothing is not as warm as some of the others and that zip in liners and heavy fleeces are needed. That is why i'm asking about the Klim. Is that a myth?

You'll need the 3 layers for the Klim. I went with all Klim, base, mid and outer layer in the Klimate line and its not the warmest stuff I'll tell you. I wouldn't want to be out in it at 20-30 below zero!

In fact, I wrote Klim a letter as I got cold with the stuff using generic base and mid layers at 15 above zero. I was frozen after 15 miles and had to go back andf switch back to old cheapo Yamaha suit. They offered to sell me their base and mid layers so that is what I did. With that, it's OK down to maybe 5-10 below for me. It's not good cold weather wear as far as I'm concerened and layering is a pain in the rear. Takes forever to get dressed. Your sweating like a pig when you do get all dressed up, sweat does evaporate like it should and you don't get wet from snow dust so it does work from that standpoint. It's just not the warmest stuff out there when riding trails in cold weather.

Warmest stuff i've ever had was street clothes in the old Made In USA - Arctic Cat suits with zip out jacket liners.

Turk said:
I bought that klim coat at haydays. I was wanting a leather for the -20 days on the Nytro but the reps said this coat was warmer then the leather so i will be trying it out. They had a 35% discount so I got mine for $220 us.

I doudbt it... Nothing seems to keep the cold out like leathers once it hits -25 and lower... I have a Reima suit that is gortex and has Thinsulate in it. Just don't stop moving on the sled or you will get cold...

I believe I have that klim jacket, not the yamaha version tho. It is warm, but when it is -30 to -40...you're gonna want more than just two layers on. I throw on my Klim fleece jacket under it and then I stay plenty warm!

All the Yamaha Klim is the same as regular Klim. The only difference is the price, Yamaha increased prices on any garment that has the tuning folks and Yamaha branding.

I do think that jacket will be warm enough. The Gore-Tex has a level of windproofness to it which will help keep the cold out. I would just throw on a fleece underneath and be ready to rip!

Well I have the KLim Klimate Parka and Klimate Bibs and their Adrenaline GTX boots as well as their socks. The jacket and bibs are not as warm as my old Reima gear or my old Polaris gear but the water proofing and sweat evaporation is top notch. I get cold with the Klim gear and that's while wearing my Carol Davis webfoot body sock and my base layer also in -* weather. But on days above zero I can get by sometimes with just the base layer and other times with the base and mid layer the closer it gets to zero but when temps reach the -20* area it's cold with all 3 layers. Not to the point of freezing but cold. With my old Reima gear or my Polaris gear I never needed more than the base layer and the jacket and bibs and usually ended up sweating. That's why I went to the Klim gear to help with the sweat evaporation.

Back