• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Knockout kit

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha powered CAT
Has anybody used this yet, and who makes it?

It says its supposed to help with harmonics and quite a bit cheaper than other vibration elimination kits (Hurricane one).
Just wondering if it actually works and what the advantages are. To install, it's as simple as pulling the stub shaft and popping it in?

Interesting.
Are you trying to get more life out of your primary clutch wear items?

Interesting.
Are you trying to get more life out of your primary clutch wear items?
I'd imagine less harmonics will help clutch life, both on a cat or yam primary. May also get rid of the rattle on the yam clutch?
This seems like a new product, so just wondering if anybody has used it and if indeed there are benefits.

I think td makes them. They say it quiets down the clutch rattle. I just ordered one when I ordered my tune bundle but I have to send out my Ecu and they will send everything back with it. I’ll post back when I get it.

It has a small o-ring inside that adapter. According to TD/TAPP its pull the clutch, clean the shaft, lube her up, put back together and run. The TD guy was adamant that it reduced noise so I put it on the birthday list for my daughter to get me. I can get better pictures if you are interested Richard, its sitting here next to the computer.

It’s made by TAPP
So, exactly how/why does it work? I know mass affects balance/resonance/harmonics. But it's so light relative to weight of crankshaft/PTO snub/flywheel; why/how does it matter? Or, is someone just trying to sell stuff? Is this thing like "blinker fluid?"

U need to pull the stub shaft. hAS nothing to do with weight. ILL be installing one next week for a customer

U need to pull the stub shaft. hAS nothing to do with weight. ILL be installing one next week for a customer
I understand that but again, what makes it work (supposedly)? Does it limit or control clearances in fit of PTO snub to crank, if it's not mass/inertia?

FRom what I can’t tell u fill the stub shaft splines with grease and the grease absorbs the vibration, o ring holds the grease in. Does it work ? Many claim it does

The guy I talked to at td said you pack the splines full of grease and put the collar on. It will not hold the stub shaft out of you blow a belt

Back