• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Last ride (probably) of the season

Snowmixer

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 Phazer Mountain Lite
2008 Phazer MTX
2012 Arctic Cat M800 153
It seemed a little quiet in here, so I thought I'd share a little of what will probably be my last ride of the season. I picked up a 2008 Phazer with a blown engine a couple months ago, and swapped the engine out of my 2007 (which is currently disassembled for it's own project) into it. There's still a bit of snow left here, so I found some time to take it out for a test ride yesterday. To my delight, everything seems to be working well, and the sled performed as expected. Unfortunately, the road in to this riding area is melting out quickly and there are a lot of rocks in places, so this will probably be the last ride on it this season. I'm looking forward to next season already!
DSC00439s.JPG DSC00441s.JPG DSC00442s.JPG

Wow...I'm jealous. Snow in June. How awsome is that [emoji41]

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Well, I don't want to make anyone too jealous, so I won't mention the July 4th ride I have in mind. ;)

Your killing us.......in a good way. Enjoy

Awesome! Day time temps?

So jealous, 4 of July ride. Must be nice to have access to mountain trails. PLEASE take pictures for us to drool about.

The day time temperature on that particular day was probably around 55 or so, since there were some clouds for most of the day. As for the July 4th ride, I'm not sure that it will actually happen this year. We had a pretty decent season until the second week of march, when it warmed up and rained a lot on all of the snow we had. There was some new snow, but it was mainly above 4,500 feet elevation, and not much accumulated.

The day from the photos above, the mountain was more melted out than I've seen before on any other year so I feel fortunate to have been able to go! There is still one more place (logging road, goes to about 4900 feet) that usually has good snow into July, but I haven't been up there this year and the road may not even be passable...but you can bet I'll be checking it out soon! At this point, it looks like the best-case scenario for a July 4th ride would be riding back and forth on a few hundred yards of snow...but hey, it's still riding! :)

Back