• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Last year of the Apex - "share your Apex memories"

Made more good memories this weekend.

Attachments

• 20180303_131753.jpg
    20180303_131753.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 244

06 attak and love that torque right out of the hole. I call it my muscle car for the snow. Coolest sounding sled ever and I don't think I will ever miss that two stroke smell.

This was 10 years ago...seems like yesterday. This was an 06 pre-production. My brother put in the finals at Hay Days 3-4 years in a row..fantastic sled.

2302018194617.jpg 2302018194753.jpg
Didn't put on alot miles on but it was all about sharing the sport with the boy I love. This was my last trip for season we rode from Houghton up to copper h back through gay and back trip mileage less than 150 miles. I will never forget it hope he doesn't. I chose to skip year ender TY ride already had plans then never ended up going following weekend as no one could go and for the first time didn't feel like doing a solo trip like I have many of times. Sadly going to miss winter come on December.

As some of you know I crashed my prized apex about a month ago and have since moved on to a SW. That said before the crash I had a club trip with a pack of Ski Doo die hards. The trip started with them quoting magazines how heavy my sled was (they had no idea it was corner balanced and probably within 80 lbs of their new 850s which are not particularly light). Riding and stopping up in N Wisconsin and chatting at each bar they started to ask me more and more about the sled. On the 2nd day I got in the back of the pack and when we hit a lake I pulled out to the right and pegged the impulse apex and she lifted the skis about 3-4' in the air, and took off as I passed by about 20 sleds I was waving at them all with skis dangling. Their looks from inside their helmets were absolutely priceless. When I got to the leader he was on his new 850 and the biggest mouth of the group in terms of "Fat Yamaha" etc. I slowed down to 95mph to match his speed and pulled in close and waved him to peg it. He didn't so after a bit I did, again at 95 fricking MPH the sled lifted the skis close to 4' in the air and took off like a rocket booster was attached to it up to 140mph. At the next stop I had high fives, "WOW", "AMAZING", "I HAVE NEVER SEEN THAT BEFORE", etc. I asked the loud mouth guy why he didn't peg it and he said he WAS wide open LOL. Made a bunch of believers that weekend and turned the 'heavy Yamaha' comments into "That thing is amazing!" It was great to prove Yamaha is not a fat pig....long live the Tapex!

I love those moments - great job.

My Polaris buddy years ago summed it up, “ anybody who says those Apex’s are to heavy to have fun ridding them has NEVER ridden one.”

I frequently say - your sled weighs full what mine does close to empty. Do you ever ride with a full tank? How can you stand it?

LOL

Last edited:
I have bled blue for a very long time. I have had one Apex GT, two Apex Attacks, and an Apex with power steering that I still have. This year I sold my Arctic Cat F800 (never liked the sled due to it's inferior build quality and issues) and bought a Polaris Rush and a Polaris Switchback. I kept the Apex because it is a great lake sled. I had not trail rode the Apex for a long time so I decided to take it on a 60 mile end of season trail ride (see picture). I was surprised at how much I enjoyed riding the Apex on the trail. It handled well, soaked up the bumps on the groomed trails without bottoming, and you have to love the 4 stroke torque. The Polaris sleds are better trail sleds than the Apex, but the Apex is still a very good sled. I am seriously thinking of selling he Apex because I really don't need 3 sleds, but I am having a hard time letting it go. I know the Apex will last a long time and I love the muscle car feel of the sled.

IMG_20180318_160209[1].jpg
IMG_20180325_155037[1].jpg

Back