• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Late model RS opinions

Mooseman

I'm not all knowing. Post your question in forum.
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
'07 Venture MP (gone)
'07 Phazer FX (gone)
'09 Phazer GT (gone)
'10 RS Venture GT (My current ride)
'10 Nytro FX (son's)
Thinking of getting a later model RS Venture GT or TF with power steering for my wife. She likes the ride of my '10 GT but ever since her dislocated shoulder has a hard time steering. And I'd also like it. The plan is that I keep the '10 as a secondary sled and when my wife rides the "new" sled, I would go back to the older one. Anything I should know about this system? I know I heard that it sometimes doesn't work in really cold temps until it warms up but that shouldn't be an issue.

And what about the drive by wire system? Any concerns there? This might be good for her so she can control the power better. Is it reliable?

I did spot one with the YPD Yamaha Performance Damper. I know it came on some sleds for a couple of years but then nothing. Was it too too expensive for them to keep adding it? Does it actually work? If it does reduce vibrations, this may also be good for her. Worth the possible extra cost?

Oh and track howl complainers please abstain.

brother had a 13 with eps and never had an issue with it. it has frozen up once on my 11 xtx and i think it was from the sled being damp during storage, then going riding at -25 c. it thawed while riding and upon re start after lunch, it was working fine again. when it freezes up, it defaults to standard steering so the sled is still rideable.

Our '14 GT has been great. My wife loved the EPS upgrade from her Apex. Yes the track howls, I just ignore it. It's really only in a 10 mph window but unfortunately is the window you most ride in on the trail. I will say it's tippy, but probably no worse than you '10. We ride 2 up often and it works great for that too. Unfortunately, my wife backed into another sled this winter. Very hard hit. Bent the bumper, tunnel corner, and even the heat exchanger. It's probably somewhat fixable but I may let it go to insurance. It's replacement will either be a SW STX or Skidoo Grand Touring.

Thanks fellas for the comments. I am happy with my '10 despite the howl. Only reason I put that in there is because there are a couple guys on here that regularly complain about it that it's just annoying, more than the howl itself.

If anyone else have more comments, please chime in.

Now to just find the money ;)

I have over 5,000 happy miles on my 2020 TF. The throttle by wire has such a natural feel and is derived from Yamaha's sport bike heritage. The power steering is also exceptional and makes trail riding a dream. It is a very unique snowmobile and I'm very happy. I added some extra wheels in the skid from Schmidt Brothers to help with slide wear.

Back