• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Latest News from North American Yamaha Snowmobile and Minocqua, WI R&D July 15, 2021

I just ran across the latest Yamaha news release from Snow Goer Magazine's website:

Thoughts and Comments?

Really? Sounds like they are just consolidating the operation to one area. Having more decisions coming from Canada offices instead of Japan may quicken the pace of development.

Really? Sounds like they are just consolidating the operation to one area. Having more decisions coming from Canada offices instead of Japan may quicken the pace of development.

How do you quicken the pace of something that hasn’t been going on for several years?

The beginning of the end was when they went 100% 4 stroke...it was a slow death.

The end is near...

Yamaha's main office for north America was moved to Ontario a few years ago. they wanted to be in the snow belt for testing, they hired a new team of engineers, Japan has just given them more reins as all, it may mean they will develop and manufacture new engine design here in Canada now, can't see Yamaha backing out of snowmobile world just yet, they maybe looking or something is in the works to supply other brands with their engines.

Anyone paying attention to snow fall amounts and actual winter temperatures in the last 30 years? The real end is coming for snowmobiling in the USA.. Only exception will be the lake effect snow belt areas/mountain high elevation.. That is "the end". Its a only a matter of time the WI test site will have very short lived snow or cold weather. Its not really a matter of "IF". Yamaha is a motor supplier for the snow biz nothing more.

Last edited:
Anyone paying attention to snow fall amounts and actual winter temperatures in the last 30 years? The real end is coming for snowmobiling in the USA.. Only exception will be the lake effect snow belt areas/mountain high elevation.. That is "the end". Its a only a matter of time the WI test site will have very short lived snow or cold weather. Its not really a matter of "IF". Yamaha is a motor supplier for the snow biz nothing more.
What?? I thought the Sidewinder was pulled aside from Cats assembly line and purpose built with Yamaha's engine and designed and painted and stickered just for the Yami riders to have that piece of mind knowing their not riding a Cat its a Yamaha, Yamaha is saying they have put alot of thought behind the winder.

Popcorn-408x408.jpg

What?? I thought the Sidewinder was pulled aside from Cats assembly line and purpose built with Yamaha's engine and designed and painted and stickered just for the Yami riders to have that piece of mind knowing their not riding a Cat its a Yamaha, Yamaha is saying they have put alot of thought behind the winder.
They put a lot of thought into the Winder powerplant! Don't need snow for engine development

My 2 cents is taken from their press release stating"Yamaha power plants".To me that means engine supplier.Never read nothing about expanding their r&d facility in Ontario if they even have one.Maybe Jarret is a one man show and will be doing it all,lol.

True enough, but you may want snow to test the winder, also snow is a good motivator for selling them.:sled1:
Indeed! Probably have to travel north of the border for the white stuff if your a millennial and want to ride later in life

Back