• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Latest News from North American Yamaha Snowmobile and Minocqua, WI R&D July 15, 2021

I just ran across the latest Yamaha news release from Snow Goer Magazine's website:

Thoughts and Comments?

You can't just spill your seed into any receptacle without an agreement you promise not to spill it into anyone else's receptacle or else lawyers get involved. Law of nature apparently.

Doesn't look like the R and D department was very big there.
I bet they all read this forum as part of their job...
47115.jpeg

Sounds to me like they would like to put their engines in any snowmobile. That would be cool.
Yeppers that’s what I got out of this Yamaha is open for business to sell engines to all snowmobile OEMs. That’s what engine OEMs do evaluate ROI on engine contracts to a given spec.

I’m sure someone knows exactly what their plans are for the future , just need to find that person and twist their arm a little!

I just ran across the latest Yamaha news release from Snow Goer Magazine's website:

Thoughts and Comments?

Could be the reason I have yet to hear from them for this next season. Maybe they are cutting everyone in the US.

I can't for the life of me see why you find this statement puzzling, the Pro Cross was never designed to house a three cyl for stroke engine, it was in 2014 when the viper came out where Cat and Yamaha shoehorned the Viper engine in the pro cross, yes with some shock adjustments and suspension upgrades got it to handle good, than the turbo winder engine with some chassis changes and body work changes made a great handling sled with lots of power, but as anyone that owns a winder knows you have to do few of upgrades to keep them reliable on the trail, yes I have driven a viper a few times but couldn't see with the steam hitting you in the face, also had a chance to throw a leg over a tuned winder, not for the meek of heart by any means, road and handled nice and liked the rider forward position, but my buddy had over 30 grand into his sled so it wants work and ride good, I will stick to my trusty Apex XTX and do my regular maintenance every year, may not handle as good as a winder but I don't have to put another 3-5 grand into it to keep it reliable either, I guess my point is that the next pro cross platform will be more and better fitting for the turbo engine and Viper engine with a even better handling and ride.
If this is your premise: "but as anyone that owns a winder knows you have to do few of upgrades to keep them reliable on the trail," you are sadly misinformed. I own two stock Winders, one with over 10,000 miles and NO upgrades over stock. Other than having a coolant hose come loose on one due to ice buildup, both Winders have been completely reliable, and without a doubt, the most fun to ride of any sled I have ever ridden. The 3rd Winder in the stable has been spring-ordered, and is coming this fall for my wife.

If this is your premise: "but as anyone that owns a winder knows you have to do few of upgrades to keep them reliable on the trail," you are sadly misinformed. I own two stock Winders, one with over 10,000 miles and NO upgrades over stock. Other than having a coolant hose come loose on one due to ice buildup, both Winders have been completely reliable, and without a doubt, the most fun to ride of any sled I have ever ridden. The 3rd Winder in the stable has been spring-ordered, and is coming this fall for my wife.
You must be 1 in a million, i'm happy for you, Amen!

Thoughts and Comments?
We’ll talk to friend who use to work there and they are getting rid of everyone there they are keeping some until March then she is done he doesn’t know how they are going to do anything up in Canada they don’t have man power to do an work with Cat which he said can be a handful so boys the writing is on the wall Yamaha is DONE we are going to the vintage slide of sport because it going to be all cat stuff from here on with doing all the testing so you think you have problems wait the ship is coming in all I can it was a good ride RIP YAMAHA my god bless be with you.

Maybe I am a glass half full guy but I just dont read all the doom and gloom into it that you guys do. They are moving main operations to Canada, Moving the decision making process to the same place and closing the Wisconsin base.

""The objective is to streamline Yamaha’s snowmobile business operations and fully utilize the flexibility offered by technology and remote work. As the Wisconsin facility transitions, key personnel are invited to remain with the company, working remotely across the US and Canada as part of the North American Division.""---
How is this different than what a lot of companies have been doing since the covid debacle? It is a different business world out there now boys, more and more companies have done similar things.

It seems some on this site WANT Yamaha to fold the snow division just so they can say " I told you so" about the Cat merger. Life is too short. Dont be such a kill-joy all the time.......
No body was offer a job this all a Bs story from Yamaha I have friend who know some one work there and is telling a different story

Has to be an Yamaha engineering presence at TRF at least 1 or 2 people during production runs. Doesn’t really matter where their base locations US , Canada or Japan but better be there during assembly months.

Speaking of assembly months? That should be started and or starting on Yamacats? Unless the parts flow from China has covid?

We’ll talk to friend who use to work there and they are getting rid of everyone there they are keeping some until March then she is done he doesn’t know how they are going to do anything up in Canada they don’t have man power to do an work with Cat which he said can be a handful so boys the writing is on the wall Yamaha is DONE we are going to the vintage slide of sport because it going to be all cat stuff from here on with doing all the testing so you think you have problems wait the ship is coming in all I can it was a good ride RIP YAMAHA my god bless be with you.
IMO difficult to say the end is near Yamaha is profitable cost sharing endeavor for Textron. My question is will Textron share a new procross platform with Yamaha make engineering concessions for 4s engines for future platforms?

Back