• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Leaking side heat exchangers

Eric4440

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Viper XTX
both the left and right side heat exchangers on my Attak are leaking by the suspension mount. The part numbers between apex, and vectors and attaks are different, will the exchangers still work on mine and line up? Have an opportunity to buy some good used ones off a newer vector

Oh wow , never even considered that ! Musta been alot of sand, lots of vibration over many miles

Vector heat exchangers are smaller in capacity, they won't cool the engine enough.

Okay thanks for the reply. Now as far as rivers go, I have read a lot about buying them from avdel, the stavex or whatever to save some money, but I am wondering if you can get them in black or the yellow zinc plated? Cause I believe the ones from Yamaha are coated... if the ones from avdel aren’t I’d rather bite the bullet than possible have corrosion issue down the road.

is this something you could just clean, rough the surface up and seal with JB weld. I say this as I put a stud through a front heat exchanger in 98 did this and proceeded to put on 14k miles and looked as good as the day I put it on and NO LEAKS ever. Saved big $ and time.

both the left and right side heat exchangers on my Attak are leaking by the suspension mount. The part numbers between apex, and vectors and attaks are different, will the exchangers still work on mine and line up? Have an opportunity to buy some good used ones off a newer vector
Standard issue with Attaks. The extra length allows more flex in the boards which cracks the exchangers.
Install some tunnel reinforcements plates and you should not crack the exchangers again.

Back