• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

LED Headlights

I see they say brighter than halogen, but is the light pattern as good? Do they project as far as halogen, or just bright a short distance in front of the sled?

Well if you look at a flashlight (maglight in particular) they have halogen bulbs I do believe and they sell LED versions now. The LED are insanely bright for a flashlight I swear my LED flashlight is brighter than my car headlights and I am thinking about buying another 7 LED flashlights and duck taping them to the roof of my car.

The guinea pig is always appreciated. Thanks yamabrute. Keep us posted

I just put a set on my XTX (different company/same light) and they are brighter/whiter then stock in the garage...no snow to test but I think they will be an improvement.

They are on there way. Will report back. If it still isnt brass monkey balls cold still when they get here. Don't tell wife or I will get cold shoulder :brrr:
Finally free shipping for Canadians. woohoo

Upei93 what is the other company you bought yours from?
Nice brrrr emoticon yamabrute lol

Led is a great way to go. Only issue you could have is keeping them cool enough to last. The led headlights (not DRL) put in oem cars (Audi Cadillac) have an insane amount cooling built in and around the lights. And if the diode is a low quality it will fade out over time if it runs to hot.

These units have a built in fan on the back of each bulb. The seem to be a pretty decent product. I guess time will tell

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 674
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 292
toyota4runner said:
Upei93 what is the other company you bought yours from?
Nice brrrr emoticon yamabrute lol

www.2fastgroup.com

Buddy of mine is in the process of setting this company up...the led's are one of the products he is looking to push. He sent me a set to test for him.

Here's my take on the LED headlights...

I have been using HID's since they came on the market. I do not own a vehicle without them. In the beginning of this year, I was asked to beta test a set of LED's in one of my cars. I was VERY disappointed. They cannot compete yet with HID's.

If you are going from a stock or aftermarket incandescent bulb, you will see a difference and may be happy with the results. I was not.

Here is a shot of one on my Denali Envoy. Right, LED and left 6000k HID. The LED is a purer white, but very centered or focused light The HID is a little blue, don't let the picture fool you it's not that blue, and puts out much more of an area.

Don't get me wrong, they are nice pieces but that just don't have the area covered yet.. I'm thinking they will figure it out soon though!

Dave
BFE3C7AC-1F0E-4C8D-96D7-5DE4BBD843A5_zpsxo8sri48.jpg

Back