• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Led headlights

Mik mort

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha apex
Put a set of Zdatt H-4 bulbs in a 2011 Apex. The inside of the lens now frosts over. Anyone else having problems with this? Solutions?

Not all cracked up to be, are they. I have tried Led bulbs in the past. Went back to the ultra reliable OEM halogen. Led does not provide any heat. Frost inside and out

Take the headlight pod in and dry it out. Then check for any breaks in the seal of the housing
It's not the bulbs themselves, but the lens of the whole headlight assembly.

Not all cracked up to be, are they. I have tried Led bulbs in the past. Went back to the ultra reliable OEM halogen. Led does not provide any heat. Frost inside and out
Not in mine anyhow. They work great in a viper though.

This is why I added mini LED light bars to my sleds, LED bulbs just don't throw enough heat to keep the lens cleared, especially if your following someone and snow dust starts building up on the lens. Another reason is I have extra light when I need it, and it can be turned off so I don't dazzle oncoming rider at night or highway traffic when riding ditches. Way to many riders out there tossing in the cheapest/brightest LED bulbs they can find without concern to fellow riders, there are VERY few LED bulbs on the market that work well standard halogen housings.

It's not the bulbs themselves, but the lens of the whole headlight assembly.
Yup. That's why you want to dry out the headlight pod/assembly and check the seal.
Do you park the sled on a heated garage? If so this will also produce moisture in the pod and the LEDs do not produce enough heat to melt or dry the pod out.

for brighter light, without frosting of your lens: Get a set of Roctoyz HID kits. Hundreds of us TY sheep cant be wrong. ;)
Love my HIDs from Rock
;)!

for brighter light, without frosting of your lens: Get a set of Roctoyz HID kits. Hundreds of us TY sheep cant be wrong. ;)
Do the HID lights make heat so as not to frost over? Also do you use the stock rubber boots with HID to keep moisture out?

This is why I added mini LED light bars to my sleds, LED bulbs just don't throw enough heat to keep the lens cleared, especially if your following someone and snow dust starts building up on the lens. Another reason is I have extra light when I need it, and it can be turned off so I don't dazzle oncoming rider at night or highway traffic when riding ditches. Way to many riders out there tossing in the cheapest/brightest LED bulbs they can find without concern to fellow riders, there are VERY few LED bulbs on the market that work well standard halogen housings.
I want to do that also, just can't find the lights or bars I like. Can you send some pics of what you're running?

Back