• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Legend vs R&R for inline trailers - Opinions wanted

nadekeys

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder LTX LE
2009 Apex LTX GT
2008 Nytro MTX Turbo
Hello all, I'm looking at upgrading my steel framed 2 place inline with a 4/5 place inline from either Legend or R&R. I'm wondering what people's experiences are for those that have seen or used both brands. I've narrowed it down to either a legend trailmaster 7x29 footer or the R&R powersports deluxe 7.5x29 footer with the triple axles.

I think the triple axle will tow better and I'm not crazy about the legend having only two axles on a trailer that long, seems like it would have excessive tongue weight when fully loaded and not be balanced real well. I know legend touts a stronger frame but I've seen a lot of R&R's that are 10-15 years old now that still look great. Any pictures of people's setups or recommended options would be fantastic as well. Thanks!

You really cannot go wrong with either.I have 27 RnR and a friend has a 29 ft legend both pull really good.His trailer is 5 years old mine is just a year old so I only pulled twice last year.

Thanks, that's kind of what I'm thinking. I want this trailer to be one that lasts me a long time and can haul anything and everything so want to make the right decision. Leaning toward the r &r right now for the width, as a 65" side by side will be tight through a 72" door on the legend.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

You will have to watch the height mine is only 72 high I do believe and a wolverine r spec will not fit.

I am getting the extra 6" and no- show beavertail on both, so the rear door will be 6'-9" on the legend and 6'-11" on the r&r

On something that big I'd go for 3 axles all day and Sunday too. Both trailers have excellent reputations (depending on who you talk to).

Thanks for the input 4strokeluvr

I used to sell R&R they are a great trailer never had any unsolvable issues and rarely ever had any warranty claims for the money you cant go wrong with them.

Thanks Thor. I think I'm putting in my order this week, will be getting all black midnight package which will look sweet behind my black f250 Harley Davidson. I'll post pictures when she comes in.

Awesome you won't be mad at it

Sent from my XT1564 using Tapatalk

Picture 069.jpg

Love my Tri-axle, more stable in the wind, more brakes, better balanced.
Only down side is the toll is a little more going across the Mackinac bridge.
Mine is about 10 years old, we run it 6-10,000 miles a year, with no major issues, just normal maintenance.

Love my Tri-axle, more stable in the wind, more brakes, better balanced.
Only down side is the toll is a little more going across the Mackinac bridge.
Mine is about 10 years old, we run it 6-10,000 miles a year, with no major issues, just normal maintenance.
Thanks Agman, that's an older R&R?

I have a 27.5 tri-axle R&R, it's a 2005 and still great. Pulls straight and backs up unbelievably well.
I have looked at Legend and to me a little overrated and over priced. I would buy another R&R for sure.
Click my avatar for slide show with pics of trailer.

Thanks Agman, that's an older R&R?

Yes, my trailer is about 10 years old, would recommend them, If I was getting a new one it would be another R&R

Back