• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Lets try this again

How many signed up for VIP membership

• Already did

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Probably will someday

• Doubt I ever will

• Total voters

The info you get is priceless.
I have made some great friends.
The adult section is getting to be one of the better ones on the internet.
Silly not to VIP!!!!!!!!

Tork said:
The info you get is priceless.
I have made some great friends.
The adult section is getting to be one of the better ones on the internet.
Silly not to VIP!!!!!!!!

ABSOLUTELY...............The Lounge & Adult Section are GREAT after a hard day. Even if I DO GET ABUSED from Everyone, Right little Brother.............I think you must need some LOVE THIS WEEK ;):D ;):D ;):D ;):D ;):D

Met a lot of very nice People on our TY Ride, and finially put faces to names :tg:.........

Price of sled...$ 12,000.00
Price of gear & mods...$5,000.00
Price of new found Friends...$PRICELESS ;)!

I am signed up and paid up in full. Tom there are always going to be coat tail riders. If they can get the info they need for free they will not spend a dime. They will also brag up and down what a great site this is and how useful it is, but will not step up to the plate to help out to keep it up. That is why I believe a pay to enter site is the best way to go. At least then everyone on the site is helping and doing their part. It would also help to keep costs down also if everyone pitched in. When they are not allowed in for free and they realize the value of the site and the info it contains. Watch they sign up in droves. Sad but true. I have modded on other free sites and only a choice few helped out with donations the rest all freeloaded but said what a great site it was! :ORC

I should also mention it makes some people behave better also as now they have more to lose if banned.

MrSled said:
I know...this whole server thing is got me thinking...is it really worth it...

That is a freightening thought. But I know how hard you work at this and how you dig into your own pocket. 75 is not alot, I thought you would have twice as many.
Dont get disenchanted though. We are a good month past when many guys are completely out of sled mode.....plus it is tax time.

Next season you will find you really do have a sales force. You will see a number of those large windshield stickers and guys wearing TY hats. Alot of us promote the site at pit stops. Yamaha is poised to sell 1/2 more sleds than they have in ages. This site is poised to grow along with Yamaha.
This site is the brotherhood of Yamaha sledders, further any sledder can learn alot here.
Just an observation from other sites. You might want to make Lounge vip only along with search and get rid of the VIP section (what I am really saying is combine the 2). Lots of people dont know how to get the most out of search including me. A sticky on how to search would be helpful.

Only donating members get avatars?
I also think a donating member logo is a status symbol also

I support...........
or
I donatd to.....

something like this picture

Attachments

• support.gif
    support.gif
    1 KB · Views: 1,083
Tork! I believe anyone who would donate would gladly pay a yearly fee. I also think that anyone who truly uses the site see's the value and he would pay his yearly fee also. I also agree the bare minimum should be accessable to the guy who just wants to read and check out the site prior to paying his yearly fee and joining the site and gaining full benefits. If you give it away and expect people to pay is being naive.

Sled Dog,
When you post it always challanges my way of thinking.
How about this
Keep VIP, give the donating logo to guys who pay extra.
I'd pay an extra $15 or whatever for the status of that logo.

What I was thinking originally as paying or donating being one and the same. Most sites DO refer to payment as a donation though it seems.
We kidded the heck out of you being moderator of VIP.
On another forum you moderated? Which one?

Back