• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

limiter strap setting?

NB-NYTRO

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
I noticed on my Apex.. the limiter strap is really loose.. and its on bolted through the third hole... is it normal to be that loose? What hole is everyone running them at?

Slightly loose may be a good place to start. If you want a bit more ski pressure, after you try it where it is, you may want to tighten them up a bit.

Most of the suspension adjustments are dependant on each other. You may want to do some searching and reading before you start changing things around. But, once you feel you understand what each of the adjustments can do for/to you, then play with it. Do one adjustment at a time and then try it. Also, small adjustments can have a large impact. Go easy when you are making suspension adjustments.

I had the same question...someone instructed me on another post that loos limiter cause's ratcheting!

nb-viper said:
I noticed on my Apex.. the limiter strap is really loose.. and its on bolted through the third hole... is it normal to be that loose? What hole is everyone running them at?
if you want a harsh ride adjust it. when you tighten up that strap you will couple the suspension quicker. if you desire more or less ski pressure adjust the transfer rod. the only disadvantage to a loose limiter strap is there is a clunking noise at low speeds.

Tightening up the limiter strap does a couple of things,and one of them is not to have any effect on coupling of the torque arms,yes it may make it feel a little more harsh because you have taken out some of your travel,but one hole over the stock setting will only pull up on your skid enough to relieve some front pressure on your sliders where they wear so much,and you it will effect your ski pressure,but than again your transfer rod can help take some of the pressure back off,now the transfer rod will have more of an effect on a harsh ride with much less effect than the limiter strap does,but they both may need some adjustment over stock set up,everyone is different,exsperment to see,it only takes a little time to make some of these adjustments,well the limiter strap now takes longer sense yammi does not give us the easy strap adjuster that we used to have on the 03 rx1,they have done what poo did,take away some of our easy adjustments..

I left mine stock.. i see no reason to adjust it.. if yo want very little transfer, adjust the transfer nut..

I see no reason to give the sled more ski pressure.. it already steers very hard compared to a 2 stroke..

welterracer said:
I left mine stock.. i see no reason to adjust it.. if yo want very little transfer, adjust the transfer nut..

I see no reason to give the sled more ski pressure.. it already steers very hard compared to a 2 stroke..

Whats a 2 stroke? :4STroke:

i am wondering if im missing something, i keep hearing that the sleds steer hard, but i didnt have that problem with mine, it was slightly harder then my old 440 fan but still very easy to turn unless going very slow, is there more adjustment that you can make to get more ski pressure, i was running one hash mark from the min transfer last year with the limiter strap stock and the spring on the stock clip at the max stiffness and the front end stock settings, i wanted more ski presure so it wouldnt slide so much

Apsterbobed said:
i am wondering if im missing something, i keep hearing that the sleds steer hard, but i didnt have that problem with mine, it was slightly harder then my old 440 fan but still very easy to turn unless going very slow, is there more adjustment that you can make to get more ski pressure, i was running one hash mark from the min transfer last year with the limiter strap stock and the spring on the stock clip at the max stiffness and the front end stock settings, i wanted more ski presure so it wouldnt slide so much
Dont be scared to make adjustments,thats is why they gave us them,to adjust for each rider,just put a block under your front torque arm so your strap loosens way up,and pull up one hole,no biggie.

Apsterbobed said:
i have no fear when it comes to messing with things! we didnt have any local snow last year so i never got a chance to break out the wrenches.
You should of came up to the valley,we had plenty of snow up there,we were still riding into april last year,even with all the rain we had,but true enough you could only go about to caribou south,after that fields got real thin,and only once could we go all the way down to houlton.

Back