• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Limiter strap / Stopper Venture MP

Country
Sweden
Snowmobile
Multipurpose 2009
Hello.

I noticed one of my limiter straps snapped completely. The other one looks fine so I hope the front shock didn't take too much damage.

Are theese hard to replace? I've never done one so I'm a bit of a noob on it, but think it's time to learn... I've sourced a universal one that will fit according to the shop. It's 24" long and 1,6" wide.

Thankful for any advice.

Shouldn't be that hard especially since you still have a good one holding. Mine broke both and destroyed the shock. I wound up leaving an old one on as well as the two new ones. Extra insurance.

I would place a small piece of lumber or a small log(about three inches) in front of the track and just pull up on to it. That should give you enough slack to work with. Don't over do it or else it will be hard to match the tension in the two straps. You won't be able to match them perfectly so make the new one tight so it can stretch to match.

You are in Sweden so you can handle this but most of TY would be jealous to know it is -7C here, snowing, and we have a snow pack of 28 inches.

I would place a small piece of lumber or a small log(about three inches) in front of the track and just pull up on to it. That should give you enough slack to work with. Don't over do it or else it will be hard to match the tension in the two straps. You won't be able to match them perfectly so make the new one tight so it can stretch to match.

You are in Sweden so you can handle this but most of TY would be jealous to know it is -7C here, snowing, and we have a snow pack of 28 inches.

Not sure I understand the log trick. I have the sled lifted on the rear in my garage, the track is completely if the ground, so I thought I would install a new limiter strap and just tighten it until I see it starting to lift on the other one? The other one is still there in nice condition, holding it up. Is this method bad or not appropriate?

Yeah I'm in northern Sweden. We have about the same conditions, although the trails are very hard now and barely any snow on the lakes.

Back