• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

limiter strap

kodak

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
i've read alot about how to stabilize and increse steering on phazer and alot of people mention tightening limiter strap mine is all ways up but is tight should i try to force down on seat and tighten strap or if itis tight is it good.

What does 'all the way up' mean? No more holes left to make it tighter?(like a belt) If so, that's too much in my opinion. I have mine on the 2nd from the tightest, and i think it may be causing some of my darting/handling issues i've been whinning about. Maybe too tight is what i'm saying?
It also depends on what you ride on and how you want it to perform. Hard, icy trails for me is going to require a completely different set-up then the powder guys.
Like anything, you gain on one end, you lose on the other.

I am also not sure if yours is all the way tight or all the way loose, but I moved mine one hole tighter than stock and I like the added ski preassure. I think I might pull it up a second. I'm with spike if it is all the way tight that would be too much.

If you want to make it tighter lift up your back end and get someone to put a block of wood under the track near the center shock, then put the sled down.

That will take the tension off the strap so you can adjust it.

I just wrap a 1 in jet ski ratchet strap with a quick buckle (or normal buckle) and Wrap it around the two bars. Works good when nobody is around.

sorry about bad explination but the strap is on the first hole at top never been adjusted i believe this is how it comes from factory.

what about the steering don't you like? By the sounds of it the strap is really tight.

more about stability of sled than steering I like how easy the phaz isa to throw around but on the way home sometimes you want to relax alittle and i'd like to make it as steady as possible for when i take the wife for a run . Any ideas?

I just did that to mine this year cannondale. I have C&As, and they look "squatted" outward a little? Opticle illusion? Or is the plastic(ski) now flexing?

Could be.I have UPbushmans bushings in the spindles so its a good fit havent noticed any abnormal wear.

yes I have placed both spacers on inside was first thing i did after i bought sled did make big difference on trails I love how she handles in deep powder but I don't get alot to ride in i probaly should have gotten a 136 or 121 but I go alot by myself and wanted to get stuck as little as possible so I trail ride with trhe mtx and head to the mountains a couple times a year and every time I go to the deep snow I fall in love with phaz all over again. I wish yamaha would come up with a means to widen front ski stance even an extra inch each side i think would do but i'm no expert and am not trying to pretend to be.

If your strap is all the way at the top doesnt that mean its loose? Cause to get it to the bottom holes you gotta compress it quite a bit. So wouldn't top be loose and bottom be tight?

yes phaz 500 you are right what I was implying is that on it's loosest setting the strap is tight and I'm a bit of a rookie so i'm wondering compressing the spring an exta notch will help handling and stability and why of course because learning is know how to get the answer not the answer it'self. I like to learn things from all you guys who know so much more than I do. this site is so cool.

I'd like to think we learn a little bit from each other, but mostly from cannondale! lol lol.
Like mentioned above, set a block of wood or something under the front of the track to compress the suspension a little bit, get in there with a little ratchet and a wrench, and tighten it up one notch. (like a belt buckle) It sure won't ruin anything. I'll bet you like it! Good luck.
Mike.

Back