• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Linq fuel can

Is there some type of epoxy that would work for the tunnel stiffeners instead of using the rivets??

IMO, probably but I don't know the product brand or name. Heck, they glue aircraft parts together with the stuff. Many ultra-high performance all-aluminum cars are glued together, not welded.

Like Winder_506 I don’t want to lose the tunnel bag but since most of my riding is in Northern parts of Ontario n Quebec I want to carry extra fuel, I like the idea of BOP stiffeners but I’ll glue/epoxy rather than drilling and riveting if that’s an option.

The tunnel will bend if ridden hard with the larger gas can towards the back. Don’t ask me how I know...;)
You can easily build a aluminum plate like I did and fit two fuel cans for Torco back to back, one large Linq stackable gas can with an optional medium bag on top as well as a second linq bag on the back with an extended custom plate.
It works awesome.
On really long trips I can even add the Yamaha saddle bags to the sides of the seat for even more storage.
Sorry for the crappy photo... I will take another and post it when I get a chance.
Cheers
3BEEC510-1197-4FC0-9B53-7298E0BBBF3E.jpeg
C424035E-39EB-4F56-81E4-43D9D56B92C1.jpeg

The tunnel will bend if ridden hard with the larger gas can towards the back. Don’t ask me how I know...;)
You can easily build a aluminum plate like I did and fit two fuel cans for Torco back to back, one large Linq stackable gas can with an optional medium bag on top as well as a second linq bag on the back with an extended custom plate.
It works awesome.
On really long trips I can even add the Yamaha saddle bags to the sides of the seat for even more storage.
Sorry for the crappy photo... I will take another and post it when I get a chance.
Cheers View attachment 151404View attachment 151405

Slightly better picture...many fast long trips with no issues ;)

Attachments

• BBE43ABD-AE56-495B-A1E7-7C46173A8482.jpeg
    BBE43ABD-AE56-495B-A1E7-7C46173A8482.jpeg
    27.9 KB · Views: 255
I think the tunnel on a 137 is 2 - 3" shorter on a Sidewinder vs. the Viper tunnel. Not sure why they shortened it. For me, this caused a lot of issues as well when I was in search for a fuel tank and not wanting to have to remove the new Medium tunnel bag. I absolutely love the bag and how much room is in it. I finally found a solution that gets me 1 gallon of fuel and it fits like a glove without any room to spare while keeping the medium tunnel bag. Linq just release a new 1 gallon fuel caddy that fits perfect

View attachment 151358 View attachment 151358 View attachment 151359 View attachment 151360

Did you use the whiteout technology brackets to mount to?

Check out Up North Technologies - they make a bracket that allows 2 Linq mounting positions on 137. Pretty slick.

MS

I was also looking to leave the larger bag on for more storage. When looking for a Canadian supplier I am found the Itek brackets and ordered them. I will just use the smaller 1 Gallon linq tank. Its not a lot of fuel but should be easier on the tunnel and get me a bit more fuel range. Hopefully the Dark blue will match up with the new SRX.

I was also looking to leave the larger bag on for more storage. When looking for a Canadian supplier I am found the Itek brackets and ordered them. I will just use the smaller 1 Gallon linq tank. Its not a lot of fuel but should be easier on the tunnel and get me a bit more fuel range. Hopefully the Dark blue will match up with the new SRX.
The dark blue does not match. Ordered them for my SRX and ended up sending them back and getting black ones.

Back