• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Location of scratchers 2020 Viper

corvette joe

Hey gang, can anyone give me the best location to mount my Duraflex scratchers on the skid of my 2020 viper? Cheers….

I have used the Duraflex scratchers with good luck for @5,000 miles. Conventional wisdom says to put them as far forward as you can to distribute the ice/snow over as much of the length of the track as possible, but I found a hole in my 137" skid a little more than 1/2 way back that lined up so that I could hook the scratchers over the rail when not in use. If I remember correctly, I had to drill out an existing hole to a larger diameter, and it has worked very well so far.

I was amazed how despite mounting farther back than I liked, I have the DOO dual spring scratchers on a TeamFast King Air rear suspension that the WHOLE rail of the track is still well lubricated and the cooling was much enhanced. So I believe anywhere that gets snow/ice dust ie WATER in the turbulent air flow of the track does the Lube and Cooling job it is intended for. My 2 cents

Hey Northernshift, I have the stock tuner skis with Snowtrackers. They work awesome. Handles like it’s on rails.

Hey Northernshift, I have the stock tuner skis with Snowtrackers. They work awesome. Handles like it’s on rails.
I have the same set up. My only complaint is that I had to back off the ski shock springs way down in order for the trackers to work properly. Because of that, my A arms are sagging a little, I don't like how it looks. It handles excellent otherwise.

I left the stock set up and works great. I’m only 170lbs so might make a difference. All good. Let it snow baby. I’m ready

Hey gang, can anyone give me the best location to mount my Duraflex scratchers on the skid of my 2020 viper? Cheers….
Here is where I’m going to drill a hole and mount the Ice scratchers on my new ‘22 Thundercat, then I’ll hook the carbide tip on the rail in the lowest notch in front of the rubber block. I have this same setup on my ‘20 XRS Doo 900T and the skid is always full of snow with normal engine temps. No issues.

Attachments

• FE8FEDDD-936F-4284-98ED-68D8262785A3.jpeg
    FE8FEDDD-936F-4284-98ED-68D8262785A3.jpeg
    129.5 KB · Views: 164
I left the stock set up and works great. I’m only 170lbs so might make a difference. All good. Let it snow baby. I’m ready
I weigh 100 pounds more than you, and left the shocks the way they came from the dealer, and I am very happy with the Tuners/Snow Trackers.

I have the scratchers mounted to my skis with the BOP kit Which is a bit scary if they snag something even though they are built to break away. Has anybody found a place to mount them on a 129” rail ? Seems like there really isn’t room

I use the OTTP reversible ice scratchers that mount to the skis when riding in icy or hard pack conditions, they work quite well. I used extra washers on the skis because I had them down when backing the sled off the trailer one time and one of the scratchers caught causing the plastic on one ski to bend a little.

Attachments

• IMG_5531.jpg
    IMG_5531.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_5532.jpg
    IMG_5532.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Hey Joe…have stock tuner dual keel and thinking about getting snowtrackers. Are they part #194173? And did you have to buy 2 sets to get 4 U channels and 4 carbides?

Hey Wild 47 here is a screenshot of the ones I ordered. I'm in Canada so price will be cheaper south of the border. Screenshot_20220123-141420_Chrome.jpg

Back