• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Lol, cruel joke!

WillowAce

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 Viper L-TX-DX - Sold
2019 Switchback XCR - Sold
2015 Viper L-TX-LE
2019 Renegade 850 - In the shed just in case
2020 Viper L-TX-SE
So our trails closed two weekends ago. Saturday night we got a solid foot of fresh snow and another 6 to 10 on the way between tonight and tomorrow.

Yup they need to start adjusting the season never seem to have snow at opening then closed when it does snow

No doubt. Biggest snowstorm of the season for us locally coming tonight and lasting through Wednesday. Must be because I just started the summerization on our sleds this last weekend. Now that I think about it, maybe it was a sign that I ran out of grease half way through doing the sidewinder suspension. And why I couldn't get the end of the hose to stay on the damn lower rear zerk? Lol

The MSA was able to get the trail grooming extended for another week in the western UP till April 8th, and have the option to renew on a week to week basis.

If it’s like Minnesota, it’s a land owners agreement issue. April 1st is trails closed date snow or not.

I guess SORVA has asked the Michigan DNR to allow them to extend grooming . Wetmore / Munising area Michigan Most likely will if I am guessing right .

Look back at msa, we were going to go but then revived this. Totally sucks. Was ready for one last ride lol.

From Michigan snowmobile association.

I am sending you this notice to inform you that the snowmobile trails are indeed closed! There was a mix up in Lansing and we were given the wrong information. Only trails 3-Houghton, North of Toivola and 3 & 17 are open. Only trails that can be used are on state land. All others are closed. Sorry about any inconvenience this may have caused.

Keweenaw Convention & Visitors Bureau

That was a mix up by Keweeana Convention Group who sent it to the MSA .....The Convention group was a bit overzealous to get you rider's up there. As I said before SORVA is waiting to hear from the DNR .....if they can extend grooming ......As for Michigan any trail on private property is officially closed April 30th ......you need to check with the National forest Service to see what area's are open and what is closed in the NFS .Michigan Grooming sponsors can ask to continue to grooming if conditions warrant , Those are handled by the DNR on a case by case basis and if the grooming sponsor request it . I would Check Seney area to see if they are still going . or you can go to MSA.org and click on trail reports .

Looks like Seney trails are open to ride BUT they have stopped grooming as of the april 31st According to MSA.ORG trail reports .....they state trails are still good .

Looks like Seney trails are open to ride BUT they have stopped grooming as of the april 31st According to MSA.ORG trail reports .....they state trails are still good .
March 31st not April, which I know is what you meant. ;)

Back