• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Long-Tracking in Progress - Pictures!

AaronBND

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Well, I finally got around to starting the maverick install! It's gonna be sweet. I'm gonna drop gearing a bunch (like 2.20) and replace bearings while I have it all tore apart. Hopefully be done by weekend! I will give updates. I can't wait. What's next......TURBO??? Can't think of many more upgrades to do except for maybe rider-forward. Anyways, stay tuned!

Aaron

Attachments

• P5020108.JPG
    P5020108.JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 82
  • P5020111.JPG
    P5020111.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 72
  • P5020115.JPG
    P5020115.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 77
  • P5020116.JPG
    P5020116.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 76

Glad to see you're enjoying your sled .........these things are the Ultimate Mod sleds ...............don't let anyone tell you otherwise , turbo that dude up and you'll be layin the smackdown on em ! ;)!

Looks great Aaron! You are going to love it now, I just finished my RXAPEX conversion and can't wait till the snow flies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How did it go Doo_man? Was it pretty easy? Did you go to the Apex skid or just the tunnel? Where's the pics bro?

Aaron

Went well, first attempt at tunnel replacement but this was a straight forward replacement. The tree at the end of the year helped me install the mpi a-arms just need to clean up some loose ends and find a "cheap" turbo and we are done (for now)! Let it snow!

Attachments

• rxapex 004.jpg
    rxapex 004.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 73
  • rxapex 005.jpg
    rxapex 005.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 92
Wow I like it Doo_man! Looks really tight! The stock tunnels are pretty ugly. Was it hard and where did you get it? I need to knock a couple things out on mine too. Just hard to get into knowing the snow is a few months away.

Aaron

It does look short, prior to putting together I measured mine up side by side with a friends apex. Not much more track on the snow, we will see how it rides - maybe I will go back to cat skid! Bought the skid/tunnel from some guy down south that was coming up to Revy, he stripped his apex and is going custom tunnel, lightweight skid and turbo.

AaronBND and anyone else with a Cat skid

I don't know if you are aware of the problem that exists with the M7 Cat skid or not but I had issues with mine at first. What it is is the front arm mounts too low on the rail causing the skid to create too much rearward pressure on the track when the skid compresses. You have two choices for dealing with the problem. First you can run your track really loose which sort of works or second you can buy the kit from Holz that remounts the arm. I built my own kit which is basically the same as the Holz and it cured the problem. When I didn't have the kit after the first day of long pounding into an area over the whoops the front mounts on my tunnel actually ovaled out and needed to be replaced so its something to consider. Once I did the kit and remade my front mounts it was good all season. There is a fair bit of info on this problem on Snowest under the Cat section. Go to the Holz Racing site and you can see the brackets that they sell.

Rx1M5

That's good info. I have heard guys talk about this problem, but haven't really worried about it to much. I am going to check into it though. Thanks! Would it just consist of fabbing some brackets? I'll head over there right now and do some reading. Does it affect transfer in any way??

Aaron

Yes all you need to do is fab up some brackets or buy the kit. No it doesn't affect transfer, what it does is allow the suspension to go through its full travel without tightening the track. Without the kit the skid will excessively tighten the track on compression which results in giving you a kick in the a$$ on every bump plus it really drives the skid forward against the front mount which is where mine ovaled out. After the kit, problem solved.

Paul

If a guy runs his track really loose (3+ inches of sag) and doesn't ride a lot of big whoops getting into an area he may never see this problem.

so for switching an rx1 to an apex tunnel and suspention and track does it require much fab work or is it pretty much a standard replacment

Back