• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Longest day trip?

CooperT

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 LTX DX
2016 RTX SE
What’s the longest day trip you guys have done?
Miles or kms, however you put it. When did you start and when did you finish? My buddies and I usually ride long days over 400kms. Our longest day was 480kms, but were thinking we’d like to do 600kms. Anyone else like putting in long days?

My longest day was a two years ago, just over 300 miles (@500 km) running from Jackman, Maine to Rangely, Maine and back with a few side trips on the way. We left camp at @8:00 am and got back almost 12 hours later, having made leisurely stops for lunch and dinner, and breaks along the way. My longest yet this season was this past weekend, only 210 miles, but a great day nonetheless. I am 70+, but I still love the long days on my sled.

340 miles,noyan qc to ontario border then back up to drummondville on 03 rx1 in 04,1950 miles in 7 1/2 days started in allagash me to ontario back up through to mont st pierre and back to allagash,couldnt go around gaspe for lack of snow that year

A little short of 300 miles on first day doing the RAP Tour in Ontario Canada. Second day was around 260 miles. I don't remember what we did on the 3rd day but we started over near Parry Sound so we had some added riding to just get over to the RAP loop.

I've done 200 to 250 miles many times and just did 225 last Saturday. A normal day would be 150 miles.

I've also done 1250 miles in 18 hrs on my Harley from Florida to NY.... Now that was a nice ride.

raplogo2012 with sides.jpg

Last edited:
My best was 625 kms. We started south of New Liskeard and went to Hearst
How long did that take you?
We did 480kms in Sudbury last year, but had a couple guys with us that were pretty slow and always felt the need to stop for smoke breaks...

My longest day was a two years ago, just over 300 miles (@500 km) running from Jackman, Maine to Rangely, Maine and back with a few side trips on the way. We left camp at @8:00 am and got back almost 12 hours later, having made leisurely stops for lunch and dinner, and breaks along the way. My longest yet this season was this past weekend, only 210 miles, but a great day nonetheless. I am 70+, but I still love the long days on my sled.

we did or 480kms in about 11hrs if I remember correctly. Left at 7:30am, lunch stop with a few too many stops along the way, and I think we got back to the truck around 6:30. Then we drove home right after....4hrs in the truck sucked!

How long did that take you?
We did 480kms in Sudbury last year, but had a couple guys with us that were pretty slow and always felt the need to stop for smoke breaks...
I don't remember, but it was dark at the end of the day. Those trails are so open and fast it didn't seem like a big day.

A little short of 300 miles on first day doing the RAP Tour in Ontario Canada. Second day was around 260 miles. I don't remember what we did on the 3rd day but we started over near Parry Sound so we had some added riding to just get over to the RAP loop.

I've done 200 to 250 miles many times and just did 225 last Saturday. A normal day would be 150 miles.

I've also done 1250 miles in 18 hrs on my Harley from Florida to NY.... Now that was a nice ride.

View attachment 159889
Back in 1999 four of us went around the park in two days. Started in Haliburton one morning at eight and were back there late the next night . I have no idea how we did that.

Longest ride I have done is 520 miles. Wpg warrior and I started off at 9am to go play on the local creek and river system. Met some more TY'ers at lunch time and proceeded to hit the trail system in the southeast of the province. Got back home at 2am with a very tired Wpg warrior

Back in 2009, my cousin and I rode from St. Ignace, MI to Ishpeming and back in one day. My odo read 490 miles. This was mid-week in March so no traffic on the trails. We only stopped for fuel and a brief lunch. That was a long day for sure!
Mid week and good conditions definitely are key factors in putting on the bigger miles/kms.

Longest ride for me was about 315 miles. Me and a couple guys left just south of Mercer Wisconsin and went to lake superior and the porcupine mountains , that was a good ride .

208 mi in one day on local trails. went to kilarney from sudbury. then went to little current (fastest leg), espanola and then back home to sudbury through chelmsford. there was some good trails and some beat up trails. a lot of our local trails thread through the bush and you can have a hard time making 35mph in those areas. ended up riding the rocket couch (05 sx vernture with viper motor) as our tag along that day went into the bush/tag alders with every sled we had with us other than my apex. made for a long stiff day.

Back