• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Longest Lasting Rollers

Mototown

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Apex 40 th
Besides guys running Thunder rollers, any other rollers or bushings out there that won't push out on high hp tunes ? I'm starting to chew these up like a fat kid in a candy store .... lol

Besides guys running Thunder rollers, any other rollers or bushings out there that won't push out on high hp tunes ? I'm starting to chew these up like a fat kid in a candy store .... lol
How high of power are you running. I checked my buds 17 rollers(originals) last week, 5600kms, over 1/2 of these with powertrail, and I put them back in. They were not pushed out or cracked.

Curious how much weight you spinning in the primary? How about running lighter weights and lighter spring? Yea I know all the hype is heavy weights and heavy springs. I feel if you want less wear on your clutch parts lighter is the way to go. The Thunder are very good rollers. I’m assuming your speaking of primary rollers?

290 hp , hurricane quite exhaust,Dalton weights 79 gram, green primary , 41-35 helix, b/orange secondary set at 9-1 with 8DN belt , works really good in trails but the rollers don't last long.... lol . Only really started to have problems with primary rollers when I cranked up secondary preload

290 hp , hurricane quite exhaust,Dalton weights 79 gram, green primary , 41-35 helix, b/orange secondary set at 9-1 with 8DN belt , works really good in trails but the rollers don't last long.... lol . Only really started to have problems with primary rollers when I cranked up secondary preload

Try a set of 15.5 mm rollers off a viper or nytro. 2500 kms on mine so far and they were used to begin with, still look great. I was pushing out bushings on the stock 14.5mm rollers every 5-800kms before. 270r tune, 85 gram stm weights.

Try a set of 15.5 mm rollers off a viper or nytro. 2500 kms on mine so far and they were used to begin with, still look great. I was pushing out bushings on the stock 14.5mm rollers every 5-800kms before. 270r tune, 85 gram stm weights.
85 grams? Wow.
What he says for rollers!

Ya, 85 grams seems like alot, but it works. I run lots of heel weight. I need more weight still with the 290 tune. Im at 8900 ish on the 270 tune.
Gotcha. Yes its crazy when you see the different set ups on here.. For sure it works on this sled but not on that one.. Its very interesting to me when I read what guys are running. If a person thinks they can just copy a set up here its going to back fire.. So many variables, different tunes, different clutch weights, etc. And of coarse we all think what we run is best right? LOL.. Just human nature. Are those rollers a different diameter? what does that change?

Mine are from ulmers kits,and they are STM,now have 4300 miles on them and still look good,now I assume you were talking about secondary rollers,correct.

Gotcha. Yes its crazy when you see the different set ups on here.. For sure it works on this sled but not on that one.. Its very interesting to me when I read what guys are running. If a person thinks they can just copy a set up here its going to back fire.. So many variables, different tunes, different clutch weights, etc. And of coarse we all think what we run is best right? LOL.. Just human nature. Are those rollers a different diameter? what does that change?

Rollers are 1mm larger. Raises engagement slightly, and I believe they don't grab as hard down low as the smaller roller would, raises the shift point a bit. I think they work better on snow as the smaller rollers hit too hard and overshift the clutches and then they cant recover. But ya, theres too many different riding styles and differences between tunes and sleds to come up with a consensus of what clutching works best.

I am running bronze roller bushings from G-Force. 1 side of the bushing is bigger than the other so it cant push out. Also the washers are special from side to side. 1500 miles and no noticeable wear. 270 tune.

I am running bronze roller bushings from G-Force. 1 side of the bushing is bigger than the other so it cant push out. Also the washers are special from side to side. 1500 miles and no noticeable wear. 270 tune.
Awsome stain,how pricy were they?

Thunder Primary rollers, so far so good here at 270++ for approx 2200 miles now tuned.
They are on order , I will be putting them through the ringer next week on a 7 day trip to northern New Brunswick , but I will still be taking spares... on a good note the 8DN belt looks to be taking the abuse good.

Where is G-Force from Quebec?

Back